Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 VW Tiguan (sold my Sorento)
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

I see that the Kia dealers here are "stickering" the new turbo diesel Sorento as needing a minutes "cooldown" prior to switch off. I thought this went out with the ark except for very fast driving in something like an Evo 8 or WRX. I've never bothered with the Nissan I have now.

Anyway, I know zip about mechanicals so how about it ? any thoughts ? should I fit a turbo timer ? etc etc

Cheers

Derek

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Overkill!
The Sorento is far from being a sports car with hybrids...!

Good practice having owned turbo cars for a fair few years, a cool down will help prolong the life, although the most important thing is to ensure the turbo isn't spinning when you switch off, or glowing red hot!
My tip is to drive gently for the last mile of your journey and allow a few seconds of engine idle before turning the key, if I've been driving enthusiasticaly I personally let things cool down for a minute or 2 to be on safe side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,
Sounds strange ill check it out at next service with Dealer.
what I have always done with my turbo cars (audi TT, Saab,Renault landrover etc ) is to keep the revs down for the last minute of your journey so turbo slows naturally and have never had any problems.
Generally diesel turbos run slower and cooler and are less prone to problems.
Anyone had Turbo problems ?
Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts