Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2004 Sorento LX almost a year ago and I absolutely LOVE it. I was weary at first because its a Korean vehicle and I would have rather bought a Chevy. However, after putting a full size couch in the back (albeit without being able to shut the hatch and had to hear dinging for five miles) I have come to love my Sorento. The other day I cut off that huge a$$ muffler and lopped off the resonator and put a Flowmaster muffler on it. At first I thought it would be uber loud but I love the throaty sound.

But, I digress. I have been on a hunt for performance parts for this car but all I can find that I want to use is a generic 2" suspension lift and intake/exhaust systems. I thin I also found an ECU upgrade but I might be mistaken. What I am in the market for is a supercharger or turbocharger kit to boost performance. I would also like to find other upgrades for it, too, but I have as of yet been unsuccessful.

Does anyone know if there is a premade turbo kit or a supercharger kit for this vehicle as well as other parts?

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento EX 4WD
13 Posts
Seems like it would be fun but pretty expensive.

I don't know anything about installing a turbo but I frequent another forum where vendors/sponsors develop turbo kits for NA engines. Seems like a lot of parts including the turbo, wastegate, bov, intercooler and piping, bunch of other random piping, new injectors, thermal package, turbo blanket, couplers, clamps, etc, and then the tune.

Easily $5000 in just parts, without installation or tune.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Then after the install, how much would it cost you for a new trans??

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
Then after the install, how much would it cost you for a new trans??
I was actually thinking blown head gaskets from the added pressure, sheared piston rods, or even crank walk. I would like to think something designed to tow could handle a little extra power from the front.
There is a lot of internal engine components that should be upgraded when forced induction is added to an engine that was not designed to handle it. A lot of those engines that handle "bolt on" kits, are designed to handle it, but not added as a cost saving for the lower, non sporty, models...
And remember kids, make sure you upgrade your braking capabilities before making it go faster. The quicker it is, the more it takes to bring it back to 0 without the aid of a wall or a few trees..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts