Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600RWHP HSV MALOO /SPORTARGE platinum TD
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
we just drove the wife's new KIA sportage platinum diesel 1600 km from Brisbane to cairns ,WOW its nice to drive heaps of go for a 2 Lt turbo inter cooled diesel 6 speed auto
got over 800km to the tank (55 Lt ) doing any were from 80ks to 160 ks on passing lanes cost $148 for fuel bris to cairns very impressed so lets see what it gets round town for a month

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Probably 500 km/tank around town.

-Aren't you pleased you bought the diesel? They were as rare as hen's teeth when I was looking about 6 months ago. Petrol engine seemed a bit puny for a medium-sized SUV, and this is confirmed by reports of poor fuel consumption; around 20 MPG (Imp) mixed driving.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX - Clear White
483 Posts
jealous that we can't get a turbo diesel on this side of the pond, I would kill for that kind of mileage on a fill up. How much hp does the turbo diesel produce?

·
Registered
2012 Sportage 2.0 CRDi 184hp AT
14 Posts
2.0 diesel produces 184hp, here in Europe.
Could be different in Australia :)

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX 1.7cc Diesel - Manual transmission
154 Posts
hey nice drive you made orange kia! lol How long did it take you?

Next next month i will be making roughly the same lenght of journey on the continent but with my 17cc diesel sportage. the 17 ltr is 114 bhp. i was sceptic on the long journey but it seems that it could do it. lol
i will be posting the fuel consumption and what costs it did for other owners to see.
during the first day i have to make around 700 km.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Similar for my wife's. Slightly better economy with the ChipExpress than stock [only ~0.5L/100Km]. Bet the mileage is WAAAYYYYYY better than the Maloo.......

·
Registered
600RWHP HSV MALOO /SPORTARGE platinum TD
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Similar for my wife's. Slightly better economy with the ChipExpress than stock [only ~0.5L/100Km]. Bet the mileage is WAAAYYYYYY better than the Maloo.......
har har yer seeing how the 6.2 lt maloo is supercharged and camed
410RWKW but in all fairness it does 10lt=100k
on the highway on cruise control but round 20 lt =100k round town
by the way is any one using caltex vortex diesel
what do think ?? any better ?? its the only one avable up here with the anti foaming and cleaning additive
way dont i get instant email notafaction of ananswer to my post the box is ticked ??
cheers

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2.0 AWD CRDi 135kw/184hp
121 Posts
After 8000km I'm doing 600km with one tank. Not that bad, considering my foot is quite heavy (A/C ~150-200km/h, fast accelerations)
Driving 2.0 CRDi 135kw/184HP AWD Dynamax here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts