Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Looks like the rail pressure sensor connector.
I'm guessing it fits between the sensor and the loom.
This is just forward of the intercooler, but also behind the intake scoop bolted to the front panel. It's the only sensor/plug sticking out of the engine cover.
Bit awkward to get to, looks like you disconnect, fit this loom into it, and away you go.

Be interesting to hear your results.

·
Registered
391 Posts
it tunes it up a bit.. adjusts things to make the engine run like the original design intended. for example volvo used to "de-tune" their engines to guarrantee that they would run for 200,000 miles...

it is like a replacement ECU but no-one seems to make one for a sedona.

I can get one from SCC superchips for £450 they suggest more power torque and improved fuel consumption, I need to find out whether it will take 3 months 6 months a year or never before I get my money back on fuel savings before leaping in, the car / van runs just fine performance wise for me, but I wouldn't mind saving on diesel my friend volvo S40 get 60 mpg on the motorway and 42 mpg on short journeys..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey All - thanks foe all the help and the comments.

The tuning box is an electronic device that sits in between the CRDI pressure sensor as we are reliably told below. Its tricky to fit but I did it by removing the filter cover, 4 bolts to remove and that's it.

The box I got from ebay and it came from germany with basic instructions. It works - it has smothed out the gear changes (autobox) and has given me better mpg - by my reckoning a minimum of 3 MPG but I'll post more examples as I have them.

The box was only 99 euros so I'll get my costs back in next to no time, specially if this little beuty gives me added power and distance when towing.

Let me know if you need any more information / pics etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by sobsong@Jun 30 2005, 05:32 PM
Let me know if you need any more information / pics etc.
I checked that German box on Ebay, it dosen't say anything about increased output, only better mpg/l. Have you noticed any improvement? The tuning boxes offered in the UK claim an extra 30+ bhp, which would make a very noticable difference.

·
Registered
391 Posts
KIA alle CRDI Diesel Chiptuning Tuning +25%
it says +25%.????

although I am still waiting for my connnectors, so I cannot verify anything.. although it is worth a shot for £65 instead of £450

the other site claimed an increase from 144BHP to 176bhp... plus improved power and torque and if driven the same as previously an improvement in mpg..

and if ebay does one thing it reports customer complaints which seem to be minimal..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by clartsonly@Jul 24 2005, 09:21 PM
it says +25%.????

although I am still waiting for my connnectors, so I cannot verify anything.. although it is worth a shot for £65 instead of £450
the other site claimed an increase from 144BHP to 176bhp... plus improved power and torque and if driven the same as previously an improvement in mpg..
and if ebay does one thing it reports customer complaints which seem to be minimal..
Oops.. I missed that +25%! :blush-anim-cl:

I have the same year vehicle as you, and am worried he'll send me the wrong connectors too. I've tried contacting the guy in English and Google translated German (he's probably falling off his chair), but can't get a reply.

Have you found him helpful?

·
Registered
391 Posts
he definetely sent me the bosch connectors instead of system LCI (delphi I assume) I should wait until mine is resolved before ordering yours. I contacted another english ebay purchaser who got the kit with bosch but it was for his serento which does have bosch. make sure when / if you order yours you ask for the system LCI connectors for sedona / carnival and specify that bosch is incorrect.

but as I said wait until I have mine. I accidently deleted an email from him :doh: whilst trying to fix my home pc and have asked that he sends another one to me.

I will send him another email later if no word tonight when I get home..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Being the impatient git I am, I have already ordered the 'box of tricks'. I did request the correct leads though... so hopefully I won't get the wrong one's?

I'll let you know how I get on + post mpg/bhp results when I have them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm getting a good feeling about this now, the seller is on the ball... just got this reply...

"We know it we have send a FCI SIEMENS / DELPHI Adapter....."

:banana:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts