Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot Touring; 2003 Jeep Wrangler
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the TSB-104, SA081D, and Brake Switch Error Code C1513 all taken care of today at Moritz Kia of Hurst. I scheduled the appointment and had my wife take the car in (she's a stay at home Mom). I took about 2 hrs to performance the services but my wife said the dealer was very pleasent and even gave my 4-yr old a Kit-Kat candy bar while he watched a TV show in one of the vans inside the dealer showroom :D

My only concern/question is in regards to the SERVICE ACTION: SPORTAGE (SL) SMART KEY UNIT UPDATE – CHANGE OF BCM & SMK SOFTWARE (SA081). I had no idea the dealer was going to perform this service and after doing some research on this site it appears they should have re-programmed the spare key as well. Anybody else have any experinece with this particular service action?

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
Both keys need programmed after the update is completed. I would just stop back in someday, with both keys, explain the situation and ask them to do it. It doesn't take very long to program the fobs.

·
Registered
2011 TechnoOrange Sx, 2008 Toyota Solara SLE, 1946 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan
66 Posts
I logged onto the KGIS website and couldn't find the answer to this question so I thought I'd ask it here. What is the reason that the key fobs software need updates?

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
I logged onto the KGIS website and couldn't find the answer to this question so I thought I'd ask it here. What is the reason that the key fobs software need updates?
The service action description doesn't say why. If you look at other service action descriptions you'll find that most of them are just as vague. Probably some glitch in the software algorithm that only affected some models.

·
Registered
2011 TechnoOrange Sx, 2008 Toyota Solara SLE, 1946 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan
66 Posts
Thanks. I'll check with them when I take it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts