Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’re trying to find where it is in writing … her IVT (transmission) appears to be doing funky things.

Going at a slow speed when she pushes in the accelerator the RPM go up but the car stays at a constant speed and after a second or two we feel a strong shudder (significantly strong) and then the car accelerates.
periodically while driving at a constant speed she also notices the RPM jumping by 1,000 and dropping back down.

We want to find the warranty information to find how to proceed as all the local dealerships have a three week service wait and they don’t triage mechanical issues.

thanks for your time,
Bobby

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,890 Posts
As long as your not over 100,000 miles your warranty would cover what ever is going on with your trans.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As long as your not over 100,000 miles your warranty would cover what ever is going on with your trans.
I think we’re under 15,000 kilometres.
when my wife started describing it … it seemed like one thing, then when we watched what was happening together, It became clear … It’s definitely a slipping transmission.

we found a pdf of the warranty online, but we couldn’t find it in any of the paperwork, which worried her.

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
563 Posts
Reading the warranty document won't make a difference in the outcome.

Get the car to your dealer asap and create a work order. Call Kia roadside assistance and have it towed in for free.

To continue driving the vehicle may make you liable, and potentially void coverage, for damage caused by your negligence and delay. Yes, this is a real concern.

If the car shows up on a tow truck it will get triaged within a couple of days. The 3 week service wait is for scheduling appointments, not issues like yours.

I am a 20+ year car dealer giving you advice. Follow it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reading the warranty document won't make a difference in the outcome.

Get the car to your dealer asap and create a work order. Call Kia roadside assistance and have it towed in for free.

To continue driving the vehicle may make you liable, and potentially void coverage, for damage caused by your negligence and delay. Yes, this is a real concern.

If the car shows up on a tow truck it will get triaged within a couple of days. The 3 week service wait is for scheduling appointments, not issues like yours.

I am a 20+ year car dealer giving you advice. Follow it.
Kia (major city) refuses to take us in before May 30th. At the time of service request that was 3 and a half weeks.
we drove it to them said it was shaking pretty violently when it shifting after a marked delay responding an engine speed increase.
I asked if they triaged problems and they flat out said no we will not touch your car for over three weeks and no courtesy cars, no rentals … not even a bicycle or a transit pass … nothing.
we shopped dealerships in surrounding suburbs and cities and found one that could help us.
it is in for repairs now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts