Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Optima EX, 2013 Rio EX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

My fiancee and I bought a 2013 Rio in November. Now that I am in the market for a new car I am returning to Kia. Our dealer was great and I have been impressed with the Rio.

I currently drive a Mustang, I am looking to get into something nicer and with better gas mileage. Before the Mustang I had an Explorer. I am used to and enjoy driving both cars and SUVs.

Right now I am torn between an Optima and a Sportage, both would be the EX model. The prices are pretty close, so that doesn't help sway me. :)

I drove an Optima once when the Rio was getting the paint and interior protectant applied, I really liked it. I have not driven the Sportage yet, but I love the way they look.

I know they are somewhat different vehicles, just looking for some opinions on both.

Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,964 Posts
well i would say drive the sportage and see which one meets your needs.They are both great cars but the Optima will give you better mpg and have the fiancee sit in the passengers seat on the Optima as it sits a little low and has no height adjustment on the 2012 EX i had and save your money on the paint and interior protection as its snake oil and so to speak do it yourself its big $$$$$ profit for the dealer.

·
Registered
2013 Optima EX, 2013 Rio EX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i would say drive the sportage and see which one meets your needs.They are both great cars but the Optima will give you better mpg and have the fiancee sit in the passengers seat on the Optima as it sits a little low and has no height adjustment on the 2012 EX i had and save your money on the paint and interior protection as its snake oil and so to speak do it yourself its big $$$$$ profit for the dealer.
Thanks!

I think I have decided on the Optima. The price is pretty close and the Optima just feels "nicer". Just waiting to find out about the financing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts