Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The trunk lid will not open using the button inside the car, the key fob, the mechanism on the trunk, also when attempting to use the actual key in the trunk it will not turn. No dead battery problems or otherwise. Suggestions?

BTW, its an 05 Amanti, thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The fuse is ok. I was able to open the trunk using the key(wouldn't work with one key, but would with the other).

·
Registered
04 Kia Amanti, 05 Kia Amanti, 10 Hyundai Genesis, 99 & 88 Suburban, 01 ES300, 91 E150, 89 S10 Blazer
206 Posts
How did you fix it?
Mine is stuck too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I experienced the same problem last week. I was carrying a large 19L water bottle in the trunk and whilst driving, it rolled back and hit the rear of the trunk several times. My trunk ajar light flickered on/off intermittently.
When I tried to open the trunk, it wouldn't open using the key, button or mechanism. It would only open when the ajar light went out. The light flickered on/off whilst driving and when parked (locked up & key out of ignition). When I took the car to a local workshop, he told me the sensor had gone. After several attempts, we successfully managed to get the trunk open. He unscrewed the trim around the lock mechanism at the back of the trunk, and disconnected the wiring to the sensor. My trunk now opens normally but the ajar light on the dash no longer works. I didn't bother to order a new sensor. I can live without a trunk ajar light, as long as my trunk opens.
Hope this helps anyone experiencing a similar problem. If the trunk hadn't had opened, the mechanic told me he was going to use a long handle/hook that he was going to feed through from the back seat opening into the trunk, and try the emergency release handle to open the trunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts