Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked the dealer for a trunk net when I bought my car because I was used to having a nice one in my other car. He said he would order one and make it part of the deal. Yesterday it was in. I went there to pick it up, but we couldnt figure out how to fit it. It's made with hooks but there isnt any loops anywhere in the trunk to attach it to. He said he's gonna have to call kia to try to figure out what's missing and how to fit it. It was the right net it was written right on the package that it was for magentis 2005.... If annyone knows how the net works I would appreciate the info.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I was thinking about getting one until I just checked out my trunk after reading your post. There is nothing in there to hook the net too. That really sucks. Let me know what your dealer says.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I went to the dealer today and asked about my trunk net again, since it's been over a week now I'm waiting for a answer. The guy there told me he e-mailed kia and is still waiting for a reply, he said the only way to contact them was by e-mail, what the ****? They dont have a phone? lol

So I'm still waiting for my trunk net for my magentis........

·
Registered
134 Posts
MAD, I did some further researching by talking with the Parts Mgr of dealership and he checked with supplier and they told him that the box that contains the net also has the clips to install for the net. :)

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's odd because the net came in a plastic sealed bag without clips in it, but maybe they were in the boxe and people didn't see them and lost them......

I'm still waiting for my net, I asked them again last friday and they said they are still waiting for a answer from kia....

·
Registered
134 Posts
MAD, I am very agressive when I need to find out something. Try the 800 number I gave you in a previous post and see what happens...You can also search your owners manual for the customer number where you live and call them. :)

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to give a little heads up on the situation, I still dont have my net, I havent called Kia yet, I'm trying to let my dealer do it's job for now.... They told me they will have an answer on the 16 of september when the kia representative goes for a visit.

They orderd 1 net and it had no clip, I told them it was supposted to be in the box, so they ordered another net, still had no clips. And they sent the wrong net, they sent one that goes on the bottom of the trunk area. But I want the one that's just inside the where the opening is like the picture in their book.

They said that there are only 2 person they can call up for help. And those 2 are the same for every dealer in Canada. There is a problem somewhere..... Kia needs to hire more ppl, unless they are lying.....

The gm at my Kia dealer told me not to worry that they will get me my net. I have had good service with my dealer, they just can't find the piece number to order the right net and clips. They changed my chrome trim on the back because it had a defect, and they fixed my alignement problem.

I'll let you know whenever I get my net, if after the 16 I still dont have it I'll call Kia....

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well after waiting 3 months for my net, I went to my dealer yesterday for my first oil change and talked with the manager. He told me they couldn't get one and that he was really sorry and gave me free oild change for 2 years. (actually 6 oil changes free). I told him I was really pleased with that. It seems like it's impossible to get a trunk net for my car even thought they are in the books.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by MAD@Nov 1 2005, 10:46 PM
Well after waiting 3 months for my net, I went to my dealer yesterday for my first oil change and talked with the manager. He told me they couldn't get one and that he was really sorry and gave me free oild change for 2 years. (actually 6 oil changes free). I told him I was really pleased with that. It seems like it's impossible to get a trunk net for my car even thought they are in the books.
OH that reminds me.. and this is SOO kool.. I just got my Oil change.. I went to the Mobil 1 Auto Center just down the street.. and I get them to put in the Mobil 1 Extended Performance - the oil is guarentied for 15,000 Miles! Talk about whoa! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts