Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX, 04 Sebring. 98 Ranger
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2012 EX and really love it, better gas mileage that our 03 Sorento though we miss the ruggedness. If the ever came out with an AWD Optima I think I would be the first in line. No problems so far except on the drivers side there is a little wind noise but its liveable (mentioned in another topic). My peeve is that I have noticed that when you pop open the trunk that it just pops and stays there. I thought it would open up at least half way so you could get inside to drop off something. It becomes a PIA when you have groceries and you have to fumble around to get the lid open.
Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX with Premium Package
92 Posts
I have the same thing, plus I miss my 2004 Sorento which my wife totaled 2.5 years ago. Bought the 2011 Sorento but didn't really love it as much, plus the gas mileage wasn't any better than the 2004 Sorento.

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX Premium
6 Posts
Agreed on both Trunk and Doors. Trunk I can live with, only because it is really easy and smooth to open once it is popped, but my wife always gets attacked by the door......especially in our driveway, and it only has a slight incline. My old car had 3 stops when you opened the door and they would stay at any of those positions pretty well. Seems like the OPTIMA has the same 3 stops but it just wont keep the door open unless it is at full extension.

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX Premium
6 Posts
Hmm...mine opens like halfway. Weird :huh:
What year and model do you have.....also how many miles are on your car (how much do you use the trunk)
Wondering if it just needs some breaking in to open further or if BRAND NEW ones work better?

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX
5 Posts
I just realized that when the doors are unlocked, the button on the trunk lid is also unlocked and anyone can open the trunk without the smart key. I guess this makes sense, since if you can open the driver's door you can easily access the button to open the trunk anyway, but my old car didn't have an outside trunk access button so you couldn't just walk up and open the trunk without a key or the remote button.

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX, 04 Sebring. 98 Ranger
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bierce, yep I guess they know what they are doing???but if you are sitting in the car waiting for the spouse and you are in a bad niehborhood ( this has already been done in a bad area of a niehboring town and these thieves are smart and they must read up on autos) one of the perps walked up and opened the truck thinking some groceries or something else was inside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts