Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 KIA SORENTO SX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the emergency latch on my 2016 kia Sorento SX. Now the latch won't engage. How can I solve the issue.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,964 Posts
I pulled the emergency latch on my 2016 kia Sorento SX. Now the latch won't engage. How can I solve the issue.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,294 Posts
The lever is a secondary release mechanism that almost never gets used. Once pulled, it probably bound up in the release position. So first question -- has the white lever returned to the 'home' position where it points straight (let's call it perpendicular to the right/left sides of the car? If not, it's definitely still bound in the release position.

You should be able to manually rotate the latch mechanism by gently pressing a screwdriver on the right side of the latch, and using your fingers to finish the rotation of the latch. It should REMAIN in the latched position afterward. If not, the interior release lever should still be in the 'release' position as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts