Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Cadenza white Premium Tech package
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to unlock my trunk using the manual trunk opener and even when the car is locked the trunk will open . That scares the hell out of me when i leave vaulables in the trunk. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way I can turn that function off. Luckly unless one new the Kia's well that opener is not that easy to find

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
your model has push-button ignition with the smart key, of course it will open, isn't that the function of the smart key?

·
Premium Member
Spicy Red Optima SX, Mazda6 Wagon
168 Posts
Lock the car, put your key fob somewhere else (away from the car), and try the trunk release again. If the trunk still opens, you have a problem.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,880 Posts
Just unbelievable...........

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,971 Posts
normal function with the smart key look in the owners manual it will enlighten you on the operation of the vehicles various gadgets.;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks when my key fob is more than about 20 feet away from the car the latch, thankfully does not work.. Problem solved

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to unlock my trunk using the manual trunk opener and even when the car is locked the trunk will open . That scares the hell out of me when i leave vaulables in the trunk. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way I can turn that function off. Luckly unless one new the Kia's well that opener is not that easy to find
I am pleased to report that unless you are relatively close to the car the trunk opener does not work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts