Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm about to install an amplifier in the trunk of my 2004 Optima LX, and I'm looking for any tips that you can share.

I've done a few trunk amp installs, but never on a Kia, so I'm not sure how to go about removing the door trims (to get under the carpet), etc. I think I can figure out the under-dash cable routing and the removal of the rear seat, but I don't see any screws holding in the trim -- does it just pop off?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I just checked out my Optima. It looks like the front door trim pops off. It is kinda hard and almost felt like it was going to snap but it didnt. The trim in the back door does have two philips head screws. One where the bottom of the seat meets the back of the seat. its hidden behind the seat a little bit and the other one is located almost under the seat. It then should pop off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice.

I was able to pry the front-door trim off just fine, and I located the two screws for the back-door trim, so that should be okay as well.

How do you pull off the doorpost panels (between the front-door and back-door trims)? I tried prying one off, in several spots, but it wouldn't budge and I didn't want to damage the panel. Any tricks there?

Also, regarding the rear seat cushion, I noticed two metal tabs under the middle of the left and right seats, but they didn't seem to push, pull, or turn. Am I correct in assuming that I'd use these to remove the seats, or should I feel back farther for some bolts?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Not to sure about the door post panels and removing the seat. I will check it out and get back to you tomorrow. I will check it out in the daylight. It makes things much easier. lol

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Okay.......I just tried to remove the door post panel. I had no luck. But I did figure out how to remove the back seat. The two black metal tabs that you tryed moving push in and then pull up on them and lift on the seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. I was able to unlatch the seat cushions in the front, but they remained attached in the back, so I couldn't actually remove them. However, I think that with a coat hanger and some perseverance, I should be able to route the wires anyway.

Thanks for all your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts