Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sephia 2000
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this po343 code (Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Low). I took out the camshaft position sensor out and inspected wiring and the sensor itself. On the magnetic part of the sensor, it looks like small lumps and I cleaned the wiring and the magnetic part of the sensor using electronic cleaner. I then reinstalled the sensor and connected the wiring. Cleared the code and disconnected the battery(negative cable) for a few minutes.

How did all these problems began? On my last post concerning the PO460, fuel pump sensor that connected to the fuel gauge level, (stuck needle on full tank). I am still trying to resolve that issue. My point is po460 is somehow related to this present po343 code? Also, I noticed when trying to start the igntion, I had to turn on the ignition to start several times before the engine runs. Normally, I turned the ignition to run the engine one time, not several tries or times as it is doing now. Any comments, advice or feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Kia Sephia 2000
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got this po343 code (Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Low). I took out the camshaft position sensor out and inspected wiring and the sensor itself. On the magnetic part of the sensor, it looks like small lumps and I cleaned the wiring and the magnetic part of the sensor using electronic cleaner. I then reinstalled the sensor and connected the wiring. Cleared the code and disconnected the battery(negative cable) for a few minutes.

How did all these problems began? On my last post concerning the PO460, fuel pump sensor that connected to the fuel gauge level, (stuck needle on full tank). I am still trying to resolve that issue. My point is po460 is somehow related to this present po343 code? Also, I noticed when trying to start the igntion, I had to turn on the ignition to start several times before the engine runs. Normally, I turned the ignition to run the engine one time, not several tries or times as it is doing now. Any comments, advice or feedback is greatly appreciated.
Today I got the new camshaft position sensor. After replacing the old camshaft position with a new one, I started the sephia and the engine run after a couple of turning over and fired up. I noticed when driving there is more power and runs like a champ just like before. Currently there is no troubleshooting codes at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts