Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Up until recently, my 2004 Kia Rio 5 door, standard, about 140,000 kms - started, then it didn't and had to have it towed 3 hours home to the local mechanics, then it did, then it didn't, and up until yesterday, I had no clue why, because the following has been checked fine:

battery
alternator
starter
relay
and something else I can't remember,

it was figured to be an intermittent wiring problem, but

yesterday, the way it was acting and almost didn't start but did, it now seems like a clutch safety switch?, or is it called a clutch ignition switch?, I am not sure, and don't know what it is really called, or even where to find it on the car.

An added note, I can't not afford any more mechanics bills, so have to do this on my own.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback anyone has,
If they know what its called?
If they know where to find it, a picture would be so amazingly awesome!
Or anything else? As I have never heard of this under yesterday.

Or if anyone else has any ideas what might be causing this.

What happens, is:

I push the clutch pedal down, and turn the key and it starts,

OR

I push the clutch pedal down, and turn the key and absolutely nothing, no noise, no clicking, no engine rolling over, silence (except for the fuel pump starting).

THANK YOU

:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Rio with the same exact symptoms. Sometimes it sounds like the battery is dying..and one time the ignition actually shocked me, but, like yours it starts or doesn't . Did you find the solution?

·
Super Moderator
9,538 Posts
Hi,

Up until recently, my 2004 Kia Rio 5 door
I have a 2004 Rio with the same exact symptoms. Sometimes it sounds like the battery is dying..and one time the ignition actually shocked me, but, like yours it starts or doesn't . Did you find the solution?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

1 - 5 of 5 Posts