Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio 4d
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Rio, I'm removing all the seats and panels to give it a deep cleaning. The front passenger seat has 1 bolt that I can not get loose. It's the one in back closest to the door. I believe it is a 14mm like the other ones except it looks different. (A nut not a bolt) I have tried every combo of sockets and swivels and rackets and breaker bars. I can't get a good grap on it and have ability to apply enough force.

HELP! PLEASE!
THANK YOU

·
Registered
2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo / 2001 Kia Rio
281 Posts
Can you get the ratchet high enough and angle it out the door?

Also are you using a lubricant of some sort like pb blaster?

Reactions: thomwalbran

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio 4d
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have soaked it a couple times with wd40 allowing time to penetrate, tapped with hammer I have some 36" of extensions but the longer it gets the less true bite I'm able to apply.
I'm afraid I may need to hear it up or freeze it, last option cut it off.

I'm 60 years old and disabled by a stroke in 2015. The Rio sat for a couple years with the windows half opened and leaves birds and worse piled up high enough to cover the center console.

I do appreciate your input and thank you.

·
Registered
2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo / 2001 Kia Rio
281 Posts
sorry to hear that friend. it may be worthwhile to ask a buddy to stop by.

i couldn't get the crank pulley bolt off my rio donor engine to change the timing belt. friend stopped by with his milwaukee impact and bzz bzz it was off! lol i made him stay while i did the gasket and belt service to zap it back on for me as well :)

Reactions: rio-t

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo 2020 Sportage LX FWD
234 Posts
I have soaked it a couple times with wd40 allowing time to penetrate, tapped with hammer I have some 36" of extensions but the longer it gets the less true bite I'm able to apply.
I'm afraid I may need to hear it up or freeze it, last option cut it off.

I'm 60 years old and disabled by a stroke in 2015. The Rio sat for a couple years with the windows half opened and leaves birds and worse piled up high enough to cover the center console.

I do appreciate your input and thank you.
I'm sure you tried sliding the seat to get access, but just throwing that out there. I often use a small dewalt impact for construction with a ratchet adapter. Even though I can apply more trq with a 2ft handle then the impact, the "bzz bzz" seems to beat rust loos better then I can on my own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts