Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy folks
working on a 98' sportage, she (he) will not run. thought maybe timing belt, it looked fine, ran obdII scan with no codes, pulled cam cover and found number 3 and 4 plugs submersed in oil, checked coils and installed new cam cover gasket. still wont run but was able to retreive trouble codes p1115 and p1121. all suggestions muchly appreciated
thanks rand

·
Registered
349 Posts
P1115 - Water temperature signal malfunction between ECM and TCM (Transmission Control Unit)

P1121 - TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) circuit fault between ECM to TCM.

It says in the shop manual that a problem with the TPS can cause this code. And that may be why you have a no start too. Check the electrical connector to the TPS. It's located right on the throttle body. I'll bet you have an open connection right there. You had to either move or remove that connector to change the plugs and install a new cam cover gasket.

If you want the sections of the shop manual and electrical manual to help you trouble shoot these problems send me an e-mail at [email protected]

·
Registered
118 Posts
i have a 99 that runs pretty good and i have the code p1115. any ideas for me to figure out how to get rid of it. also i get p0507. sorry to steal your thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, I'm new to the forum pls excuse me for just jumping in.i have just bought kia opirus 2008 and I have some trouble codes p1115 along with p0105 p0198 and p0118. I'm confused about the meaning of code p1115 because some youtube videos say it something wrong with the O2 sensor and Google says it has to do something with ECT sensor. can someone pls help.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
hi, I'm new to the forum pls excuse me for just jumping in.i have just bought kia opirus 2008 and I have some trouble codes p1115 along with p0105 p0198 and p0118. I'm confused about the meaning of code p1115 because some youtube videos say it something wrong with the O2 sensor and Google says it has to do something with ECT sensor. can someone pls help.
Greetings,

All of your codes have to do with (sensor) circuit high DTC codes - a wiring issue may be a possible cause of these codes, source:

Kia OBD2-OBDII Codes Definition, Description and Repair | Page 1 | AutoCodes.com

To confirm: KIA P1115 code is an ECT sensor code.

--
There is a paid website, www.kiatechinfo.com, you could sign up and potentially* review the Diagnostic Tree for all the DTC codes listed,

*Note: I do not own your vehicle (it is equivalent to a US KIA Amanti), and I do not know (what) Diagnostic Tree info. is available for the Amanti on the website.

However, the Diagnostic Tree (should) list voltage values / ranges that would be needed to diagnose, if it was my vehicle, in my driveway here.

Hope the feedback helps.
Regards, GottaCruise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts