Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My first post.
I’m having trouble bleeding my brakes after changing both front callipers. I accidently lost a lot of fluid and I let the ABS/ESP module get air in it I think. I initially tried bleeding with a pressure bleeder- which normally always work when bleeding cars that haven’t lost too much fluid- but I couldn’t get any pedal pressure- absolutely nothing. I tried bleeding with the pedal – same – no pedal pressure at all. I even changed the master cylinder – same – no pedal pressure. I’ve tried back bleeding/using a syringe from calliper to back fill with fluid but can’t get the fluid to move out of the syringe. I’m thinking that the ABS/ESP module needs to be bled by a scan tool/diagnostics? Kia manual states this – but they may be just trying to get business. Can anyone confirm? Can anyone recommend a scan tool/diagnostics that will auto bleed the brakes. I got Volvos official diagnostics free off the internet and spent 150 dollars on OBD cable/interface to work it for my wife’s Volvo– is there anything similar for Kia Picanto.
Or does anybody have any ideas of why I can’t get pedal pressure. I’ve checked and no leaks anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Avelar

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,744 Posts
Hi,
My first post.
I’m having trouble bleeding my brakes after changing both front callipers. I accidently lost a lot of fluid and I let the ABS/ESP module get air in it I think. I initially tried bleeding with a pressure bleeder- which normally always work when bleeding cars that haven’t lost too much fluid- but I couldn’t get any pedal pressure- absolutely nothing. I tried bleeding with the pedal – same – no pedal pressure at all. I even changed the master cylinder – same – no pedal pressure. I’ve tried back bleeding/using a syringe from calliper to back fill with fluid but can’t get the fluid to move out of the syringe. I’m thinking that the ABS/ESP module needs to be bled by a scan tool/diagnostics? Kia manual states this – but they may be just trying to get business. Can anyone confirm? Can anyone recommend a scan tool/diagnostics that will auto bleed the brakes. I got Volvos official diagnostics free off the internet and spent 150 dollars on OBD cable/interface to work it for my wife’s Volvo– is there anything similar for Kia Picanto.
Or does anybody have any ideas of why I can’t get pedal pressure. I’ve checked and no leaks anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Avelar
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
United Kingdom
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts