Kia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, maybe there's something I don't get right. Is it normal that Trip A and Trip B show the exact same numbers of kilometers (or miles) in all circumstances. To me, having two "trip" means you can see the results of two different trips. It's not how it works on my Rio EX. I can see how many kilometers I did on Trip A and on Trip B, I see the same numbers. I tried to reset Trip B, it resets also Trip A. I reset Trip A, it resets also Trip B. What's the use of seeing the same results in two separate trips? What I want: Trip A = number of kilometers between two fill up. Trip B = number of kilometers for a dedicated trip of my choosing. Isn't that how it's supposed to work. A little lost here...
Thanks for cues.

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
That's odd, mine can be reset independently and have not shown the same since I reset trip A as I drove off the dealer lot.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,523 Posts
Never heard of that before, they work independently, reset of one should not effect the other. Need to talk to the dealer's service department, something's not right.

·
Registered
Kia Rio SX Navi 2013
109 Posts
I don't have one but I read this in the manual:

Pressing the TRIP button for more that 1 second, when the tripmeter (TRIP A or TRIP B) is being displayed, clears the tripmeter to zero (0.0)
And in the FEATURES & FUNCTIONS GUIDE:

To display the Tripmeter, press the TRIP button A , then select TRIP A or TRIP B. Press the RESET button for more than 1 second to reset the Tripmeter to zero.
So TRIP or RESET ?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,523 Posts
just wonder if he's held it too long and its reset and flipped to the next one and reset - never tried it, so not sure if that's possible - just a thought!

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,235 Posts
Sounds like it's an electronic problem, although I had a friend with a lifetime's experience with physics and education who couldn't figure out A/B trip.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the OP is really having trouble resetting the A/B trip, I wonder if he should be driving a car. Seriously now, sounds like it's an electronic problem.
Why did you reply? You're not even funny nor showing some spirit. Rude you can be down there, how much more I can be up here but how much more I can be civilized.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,235 Posts
I do think that you're a bit over-sensitive. I never really thought that you couldn't operate the A/B.
Was it a problem with the electronics?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like a cultural difference on the nature of humour.
Again, the "cultural" thing when it comes to bad humor. Some people have bad humour. Period. End of the humour class.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,964 Posts
i would have the dealer take a look at it the only thing that comes to mind is a bad reset switch causing both A & B to reset at the same time its the only common thing to both just my 2 cents.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts