Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday the black window trim on the top of the passenger front window my 2018 Niro peeled off. The trim on the right rear window is partially peeled. The trim on the driver top trim is bubbling. The trim that peeled off was placed over chrome trim and it came off clean. There seems to be no adhesive on it. I can't tell how it was kept on at all for the 5 months that I have owned the car.
Curiously, the trim on the side windows of the hatch space never had black covering. It is chrome.

I could peel of the rest of the trim from the tops of the windows, but it might look less attractive than the black trim. The color of the posts and the trim at the bottom of the cabin windows is also black. Is that all or in part going to start peeling off, too? It seems that Kia chose a cheap, half-ass process for making chrome trim black. I've found the same complaints about Honda and Toyota vehicles.

Kia, is there as permanent fix for this problem??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Your first problem is that the dealer didn't take it off because they did such a good job with the protective film and they don't do a decent job detailing the cars taking off all the transport plastic. Your second problem is that the "trim" is not coming off... It's the protective plastic that is protecting the trim for shipment. Take the packaging off, if you don't it will eventually cause dirt to build up behind it and ruin the chrome.

The trim is only at the top of the windows. the sill of the doors it black rubber. Then, do like I did... walk into the showroom where they keep one and literally start peeling the plastic off the car in front of everyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Dave06351
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing