Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,

I am using the drive train from my 2001 sportage convertible to build a trike. The question I have is are there hop-up parts for the 2L. engine? I am looking espically for a header and anything else that will improve performance.

I am building a trike. I have been looking at doing a v8 trike for years. Recently I decided to use the drive train from my 2001 Sportage convertible for it. Should be unique. One problem is the exhaust manifold is cracked and needs to be replaced. I would like to find a header if possible for it. Also does anyone know if there are any "hop-up" parts for the 2L engine? It would be fun to build it up a little as I put it together. I will put pictures in as I work on the build.:D

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
650 Posts
There is a header available in Australia. Turbo is another option.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
'02 Sportage 2 door.
339 Posts
I've seen it mentioned that a header for a 1.8 Miata will fit and that you just need to make the bolt holes in the header to the head flange larger so it ligns up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wild cats from ausi....but they prolly will toast ur o2 sensors and cats quicker......looking at around $800

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio5, manual, roll up windows. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 5.9L V8
343 Posts
cams! Web camshafts out of Riverside, California makes a set.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio5, manual, roll up windows. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 5.9L V8
343 Posts
Say, how much are we talking $$$ ???

I couldn't find em......
For the cams, they were $375, but that was a while ago, try calling them, that's what I had to do...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts