Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
08 Sorento, 11 ford F-150, Honda VTX 1800R
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes in the morning, when i put the transmission in gear (automatic) it engages very hard and seems to be in a higher gear. If I shut off the engine for a minute or two, restart, it will shift fine. this seems wierd to me. Could this be the Transmission control module?? Thanks, J

·
Registered
'12 Sorento LX I4 GDI FWD, '01 Pontiac Montana
48 Posts
I think I get the same thing you're talking about. Start it up, put it in reverse to get out of the driveway, and get a very solid clunk and jolt, plus the rpms are much higher than in Park or Neutral. This is just a work around, but I've found it often helps to pump the brakes a time or two first.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
Have either of you checked your trans fluid? Might be low. Might be time to change the trans fluid as well.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2007 4x4, Mercedes E200 Kompressor 2000
42 Posts
If you park on a a little hilly driveway, then, that could be the problem. I noticed that most of the automatic transmission car owners when they park, they engage the P first, then release the break pedal. The right way to park your car is to first; press the break pedal, pull the manual (hand) break, then put the gear on N, then release the break pedal (this puts the car weight on the breaks not on the transmission), and finally put the gear on P. Try it and remember this. Never ever put the gear on P before pulling the hand break and leaving the weight on the breaks.

·
Registered
08 Sorento, 11 ford F-150, Honda VTX 1800R
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Florida. there are no hills. I can leave it in parked in neutral if I want!!! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts