Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a LX Borrego 3.8 last month. I've noticed when going up hills from a stop 3rd gear will not shift out of 3rd gear. I have to left off the pedal all the way then it shifts. Is this a trasmission issue or computer issue? Happens most of time and is really a PIA.

The rear hatch will not open when the Borrego is running. I can hit unlock button but it will not open unitl the engine is shut off and key is removed. Is this how your Borregos work? PIA if you have to unload while on the go.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did you get the TSB on the tranny done? This should take care of this.

As long as am in park, the rear will open. Have to unlock it though cause it locks as soon as you go to drive.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
There is a reprogram for the transmission but I don't know if it corrects your issue, which is normal by the way. The last gen Sorento did it also. If you are pulling a hill it will hold out a lower gear seemingly longer than it should and at times even after the vehicle is on the flat for awhile after the hill, but thats just the way it is. I have driven many different Borregos and Sorentos and they all do it.

I will look into the liftgate opening but I don't think there is a way to change it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I haven't had it looked at yet at the Dealership. On the next oil change Ill take it in and have them take a look at the transmission and the rear hatch. I though there might be a switch or something I was missing for the hatch. I drove it through a snowstorm last night. It seem to do well in the snow. Im use to driving front wheel drive and cornering was a little different. The back seems to want to come out because of the rear wheel drive. Seems to work better in town when I had it locked in 4x4 high insted of auto. Yes and it took me 15 minutes on how to figure out how to get the windshield wiper wash to work...LOL Thanks again
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Steve69
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing