Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a lot of problems with my Kia Sorento 2.5 manual diesel XS bought new September 2004. The second time I towed a caravan in it the sensor to the transmission failed and we had to be taken to our local dealer 150 miles away on a pick up truck. The local dealer couldn't fix it within the next week which is when we had to take the caravan home. Kia assist don't provide cars with towbars, so no help there. Since then the car continues to make a loud clunking noise when reserving into/driving out of parking spaces with a hard steering lock on, exactly the same as it did before the breakdown. It's been in 5 times since then to have the problem fixed which has involved replacing the transmission box, packing the elbow joint with grease, and nothing has worked. I'm scared to death to use this to tow my caravan again.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Sounds like the sensor you are talking about is the speed sensor. I wonder if your dealer knows that there are two different sized gears that will work with those sensors. Did they say what happened to the old sensors? I've had one that the smaller gear was installed and the transmission ended up chewing off the teeth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts