Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Rio LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The transmission light came on. The car is shaking and it takes a few seconds to accelerate. I had someone at a gas station check it bc I thought that it was the check engine light, but it's not. He checked my oil and transmission fluid and they're okay. What could be the problem? Is it the actual transmission or could it be something else? What should I do and how long do you think this repair takes? What about costs? Thank you.

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 // LX Clear White w/ Pwr Pkg
83 Posts
Please fill out your profile completely so we can see what type of car you are referring to and better assist you.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,924 Posts
Well you have a 2011 Rio and you live in Texas...
If you are the original (first) owner you have a 10yr 100k mile warranty.
If you are a second owner and have under 60k you still have a factory warranty on it.
Contact a KIA dealership near you..for details...
Dave

·
Registered
2011 Kia Rio LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you have a 2011 Rio and you live in Texas...
If you are the original (first) owner you have a 10yr 100k mile warranty.
If you are a second owner and have under 60k you still have a factory warranty on it.
Contact a KIA dealership near you..for details...
Dave
:eek: IP address? LOL. You're right, and luckily I'm still under the factory warranty. Hopefully, that will cover the issue. Thank you.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
but we shouldn't have to depend on the moderator to supply the info, please fill out your location and what you are driving for any future conversations.

Your first posting was like asking someone to mail you a letter and not supplying the address!

Dave - how can you figure out what vehicle they have from a IP address?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Rio LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but we shouldn't have to depend on the moderator to supply the info, please fill out your location and what you are driving for any future conversations.

Your first posting was like asking someone to mail you a letter and not supplying the address!

Dave - how can you figure out what vehicle they have from a IP address?
He can figure out what state my internet service provider is in based on my IP address. I posted this in the 3G 2011+ Rio forum, so that's how he knew what vehicle I'm referring to.

I took it in and explained what happened. By the way, it was the check engine light, not the transmission. He thought that it was a misfire and after they ran the tests, a coil had gone out. They fixed it! I'm so glad that it wasn't anything major and they were able to fix it within two hours. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,924 Posts
I try to help others with the information I can obtain....As a moderator we can "see" things other posters can't... Newbies sometimes can't get everything "just right" and he needed help... There is a site called whatismyipaddress.com and I use it to "see" where a new poster's location so I can get them moving in the right direction in the least steps...
Frustration with something new (this forum) and car problems cause incomplete posts.
I try to use the "position" of a moderator and the tools we have to make life for posters a little easier when I can... Being a mod and $2.00 will get you a cup of java :)

cjaxson...
I'm glad you got your car repaired quickly and also that you chose to become one of our members... We try very hard to make this forum a clean comfortable place to visit and to share your ideas and problems...
conwelpic is correct in asking you fill out your CP as it really helps us to help you and that's why you came here...There are quite a few "flavors" of KIA Rios all over the globe. Different engines/trannys/options/fuels and without that "general" info we could supply info that "could" damage your car and this forum reaches just about everywhere in this "little" world...and answers come from everywhere...
Dave

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Darn. Fixed too fast. I was hoping it would be something like an armadillo in a wheel or tarantula babies coming out an air vent.

Its been boring here and they never do anything small in Texas.

Sigh. :mellow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts