Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento XS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced a mechanical large "jolt" with accompanying "clonking" noise from the transmission when trying to slowly pull away whilst still in a tight turn ?
It is a most alarming experience & has now happened at least twice on my June 04 XS.
What could possibly be causing this & is this common place or to be expected - I certainly don't think so.

·
Registered
77 Posts
From what you are describing, this is a normal characteristic of four wheel drive cars. Its not only sorentos that do this landrovers are even worse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Happened to me too, scared the devil out of me so that I had to look back to see what I had hit. It's only happened that one time, when I was taking a sharp left turn going uphill.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
This is not normal on a 4x4 with centre diff, will happen if yours is a part time 4x4 model with 4x4 engaged on a tractive surface.
Take back to dealer, get it noted, but be warned, if it needs a transfer box, the last one I changed took 10 weeks to arrive!
Although that one was doing that all the time not just on sharp turns.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haven't even put it in 4wd yet, so that's out the window. Will do on getting it noted though. It's already going back to have the tranny looked at as it shifts hard and stutters going into 5th gear. Can also feel it downshifting, especially when it goes into first gear just before you stop. Almost feels like I'm putting more pressure on the brakes then letting off. I don't even have 4000 miles on it yet. I guess this is a bit more than just a wacky clock now eh?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts