Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 sorento lx V6, today backing up into the garage the sorento kicked out of gear on its own and the R on the dash was not lit. I put it back into park and then back into reverse and there was a big clunck. I turn off engine and started again and the problem was gone. Anyone experience this problem?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
It's a 2011...take it to the dealer for FREE repairs.
The dealer will "pull" codes and act on what they find.
Dave

·
Registered
2010 Kia Sorento
5 Posts
I had a similar problem and would be interested to know what you find out.

They call it Limb mode and the errors i got on the PC was P0205 if I recall: Range Selector Malfunction

Let me know what your dealer has to say.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after happening two more times i took it in to the dealer this afternoon, and they just updated the tranny software. Lets see how that goes now.

·
Registered
Sorento11 SX premium package wDVD; Optima08 LX,
11 Posts
wow, I'm there with ya OP. I have an 11 SX. It started last Tuesday. I told husband about it and he thought it was a fail safe like car go into park because there was an object behind it, I couldn't argue with him on that because when i returned from my trip I noticed my son's bike helmet was in the middle of my drive way. Happened three times for me. I called a tow truck (there's something else wrong with it) to come to my house and take it to the nearest dealer. It's at the Dealer as of right now. The guy said there's nothing wrong with it or it didn't happen to him (go figure). He asked to put a few miles on it and then keep it overnight and do a fresh start tomorrow and see if anything comes up.

To be continued... (I have my own thread about my issues if you want to follow, "11 Sorento Engine shut down...")

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess the software did not work, cause it happened again 2 times today. Guess i will have to take another trip to the dealer. :mad:

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was at the dealer this afternoon, and guess what they decided to do. The software update again, they checked for codes, but with no codes they cant do anything. I was told that there are new updates almost every day. I could care less the truck only has 38000km's and still has 3 years or 62000km's left of manufactures warranty.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the last couple days my sorento has been acting up with this reverse issue. This is really pissing me of, this is only an issue in warmer weather. In the winter months I have to problem, but when the weather gets warmer it starts to act up again. It happened yesterday 3 times. Im getting frustrated with this the dealer will only act on it if it happens to them, and ive been at the dealer and it didn't happen with them. Any one have any suggestions before I go crazy and just sell the sorento.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
760 Posts
Try calling Kia or see what another dealer says.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento, Suzuki V-Strom
506 Posts
Is there a Canadian auto safety agency similar to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that takes vehicle safety complaints from the public? That is a great way to get the manufacturer's attention.

Also check into the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan.
http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf/eng/ca02324.html
If your vehicle was made in last four years, you may consider using the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (CAMVAP). This program can help you resolve disputes with automobile manufacturers. Most vehicles purchased or leased in Canada are covered by CAMVAP....The resolutions under this program can range from reimbursement for repairs on the vehicle, to the manufacturer buying back the defective vehicle from you. For more information on CAMVAP, including a list of participating manufacturers, please visit: www.camvap.ca

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im going to the dealer tomorrow after work and lets see what happens, after that Kia Canada is going to get a call from me.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So after this problem happening to me 4 time Saturday, I managed to get it on video. Called Kia Canada Tuesday morning and they told me to take it to the dealer and show them the video. Tuesday afternoon I stopped by the dealer and they saw the video and they are gona forward the video to Kia tech department to see what they say about this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts