Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya`ll I have a 2003 Sedona ex w/ 27,000 miles just had the trans flushed. Fluid was brown colored :blink: .Tech said it was VERY dirty. Vehicle shifts differently now with clean fluid but at the 4-5 shift on a steady speed vehicle has a "dull" spot almost like a void? Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sedona eat tranny fluid nasty. If you dont change it every 30k itll be dead by 45.

Wait for the new fluid to break in a little more and see if that fixes your void

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VOID IS NOT FIXED IT NOW HAS 29,800 MILES AND I CAN MAKE IT DO IT. I WILL BRING IT TO THE DEALER SOON. IF START OFF FAST AND THEN BACK OFF OF GAS @35MPH WHEN SHIFTS @45 FEELS LIKE A DEAD SPOT, SOMETIMES FEELS LIKE A DOUBLE SOFT SHIFT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:) SEEMS LIKE THE AUTO TRANSMISSION FLUID USED BY KIA, HYUNDAI ETC ,TENDS TO TURN BROWN AFTER A FEW THOUSAND MILES. MY SEDONA &MY SISTER-IN-LAWS SEDONA AT 24K&30K,HAVE TURNED BROWN. TRANY WORKS FINE,FLUID SMELLS GOOD.( NO BURNT SMELL) HAVE SEEN HYUNDAIS DO THIS TOO. I BELIVE THAT IT`S JUST THE NATURE OF THE FLUID.(KIAS ATFIII)(ANY OTHER COMMENTS ON THIS ) (CHECK HYUNDAI TSB#00-40-013 DATED 10-2000)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts