Kia Forum banner
341 - 360 of 365 Posts

· Registered
'22 Sorento SX-P, X-Line 2.5t, Wolf Gray
590 Posts
The problems that do seem to persist or linger, is the car suddenly turning off when coming to a complet stop at the light, I find leaving the automatic turn off feature OFF, alleviates that problem. It usually happens when that function is left on.
Problem? It is called Idle Stop & Go. Personally, I love it. And an in-depth study (from another thread) shows it DOES improve gas mileage.

· Registered
2020 Kia Sorento S
2 Posts
Yeah, the problem is, itdidn’t always work correctly, and the cars engine would completely turn off while I was still in drive. I would have to put it in park, and embarrassingly turn it back on by push button at a stop light or an intersection, it would happen occasionally… now that I think about it happened more closer I got to needing an oil change from dealership. Regular oil changes every few thousand miles is absolutely needed, from my experience.

· Registered
7 Posts
These vehicles are not dangerous. Most of the transmission issues are in the owners heads. They just don’t understand how the dual clutch operates, and the clunking and slight jerking terrifies people. Most dealerships don’t understand them either, and that’s why I kea continues to replace perfectly healthy transmissions. It’s not a mechanical issue, it’s an educational issue.
This didn't age well lol

· Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige
14 Posts
These vehicles are not dangerous. Most of the transmission issues are in the owners heads. They just don’t understand how the dual clutch operates, and the clunking and slight jerking terrifies people. Most dealerships don’t understand them either, and that’s why I kea continues to replace perfectly healthy transmissions. It’s not a mechanical issue, it’s an educational issue.
I guess this is a figment of my imagination.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive mirror Motor vehicle

· Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
35 Posts
I just dropped my Sorento off at the dealership yesterday and they were able to do a software update to the BCM module which included a transmission update and acceleration logic update. Let me tell you from the second I shifted into reverse this thing now feels like a completely different car. I got so used to having to quickly shift it between reverse and drive, wait for the clutch to engage and quickly let off the brake so the clutch could engage and the car would jolt forward. Now it operates just like any normal vehicle and the best part is I am no longer getting the hard downshifts and clunking of the trans when coming up to stop signs.

From what I have on here most people with the 21's complain of how it drives but not so many with the '22's. I have a really early model '22 so I am thinking they started incorporating this update some time not so long after I purchased mine in October of '21. So if you are experiencing any of these issues, bring it to Kia (specifically I brought mine to Southlake Kia in Merrillville, IN) and tell them to check for the updates. Seriously night and day! They charged me $0 to do the update and to check out a couple of my other concerns.
Just got my update and got the same remarkable results. Transmission now shifts smoothly and no more jerking and jumping when slowing to a stop.

· Registered
2022 kia Sorento SX
10 Posts
I was worried to do the update since I only had a few instance of slip light coming on from a stop and light accelerator press in ECO mode, but I'm glad I did it, I drive the hell out of my sorento in sports mode 90% of the time and I felt it was having issues with shift and logic. Thats now all gone with the update. The transmission now shift very quick, all the hesitation is gone, this is now a true sport mode.

· Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
35 Posts
Interesting....I'm a geezer who generally drives slow and easy (don't want to give big oil any more money). Before the update it was impossible to drive the car smoothly and gently. Now it works like an automatic transmission! (Note to those who defended the herky-jerky operation as being intentional, to simulate a manual transmission: Stop being a sissy. Buy a car with an actual stick shift) (Oops! Do you even know what "stick-shift means?)

· Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SX Prestige AWD Ordered 7/14/22
6 Posts
Took a trip from Houston to Atlanta over holiday and the car worked flawlessly. Inclement weather on the way back, no issues. I must say I was a bit concerned based on this forum.

· Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD
81 Posts
It's always hard to get an idea of scale/scope/odds in a forum like this for a car that's sold over 145K units...

· Registered
'22 Sorento SX-P, X-Line 2.5t, Wolf Gray
590 Posts
It's always hard to get an idea of scale/scope/odds in a forum like this for a car that's sold over 145K units...
EXACTLY right -- I believe it was in 2021 that KIA introduced the 2.5L GDI turbo with the 8 speed DCT. So, for the combined years of '21 and '22, KIA rolled out 154,446 new Sorentos**. So even if there were say 100 blown transmissions reported here (and the number is far fewer than that) - that is still only 0.065% - not even 0.1%!

Definitely a problem for those with transmissions issues, but things need to be kept in perspective.

** The true breakout numbers are not available, but not all Sorentos have the combo 2.5L GDI turbo with DCT. The lower trims and Hybrids and PHEVs reduce that number somewhat.

· Registered
2022 Sorento EX X-line
6 Posts
Yeah, I'm having the same issues here after the update. There's an especially loud and audible clunk every time I put it in reverse now also. It jerks the whole car every time.
So I went to a completely new dealer for a second opinion and got my car back today. Over the last month, the problem persisted, but was a little "lighter". The stutter when slowing down to stop was not as severe.

I am very happy to say the new dealer finally fixed the problem (that the original dealer said was normal for a DCT). They said they reset the learning of the DCT (which the old dealer did as well), but you have to drive FORWARD once done. Not to put it in reverse. And to think of it, my original dealer has the most akward service shop, its too tight to navigate, and to get out I'm sure they back out.

As soon as i got it back, i noticed it was A LOT smoother. Didn't knock once when slowing down. Even the auto off seemed smoother to me. So hopefully if someone else has this issues, this might help. Make sure they drive forward once reset (i'm not sure how receptive they might be to that advise)

· Registered
2012 2012 Optima SX + GWP, 2022 Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD
64 Posts
Yeah, I'm having the same issues here after the update. There's an especially loud and audible clunk every time I put it in reverse now also. It jerks the whole car every time.
I started noticing this effect as well now that I got the update. I'd say Kia still has some refining to do on the firmware for the DCT.

Reactions: 22XLINEAWDEX

· Registered
2022 Kia Sorento EX hybrid
23 Posts
Update not fixing the problem just hide because not want lose money for fixing problems after guarantee consumer gonna pay full amount to change transmission. This is new reality.
Don’t think update solved problem answer is one NOT.

· Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SX Prestige AWD Ordered 7/14/22
6 Posts
received recall notice (DTC and electric oil pump) and scheduled appt. Got it back same day and everything is good still. I was not suffering from any of the common complaints found here, but wanted to provide input.

· Registered
2022 Kia Sorento XLine AWD EX
20 Posts
Just got back from the dealership after having the SC250 recall performed. I have only driven the KIA for about 20 minutes, but it seems that the issues that appeared with the previous SA502A recall are no longer present! :) No more hard shifting or stuttering into first when slowing down and no more hard clunking when shifting into reverse. I know a couple of people voiced similar issues, hope the SC250 helps!

As an added perk, my infotainment system now chimes after I turn the vehicle off 🤷‍♂️.

· Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige
12 Posts
Just got back from the dealership after having the SC250 recall performed. I have only driven the KIA for about 20 minutes, but it seems that the issues that appeared with the previous SA502A recall are no longer present! :) No more hard shifting or stuttering into first when slowing down and no more hard clunking when shifting into reverse. I know a couple of people voiced similar issues, hope the SC250 helps!

As an added perk, my infotainment system now chimes after I turn the vehicle off 🤷‍♂️.
Glad to hear that. I had the same experience. Although my little Kia jingle chime has been good since day one.

· Registered
2021 Kia Sorento, 2.5T AWD, 8DCT.
2 Posts
Hello everyone. I am living in Kazakhstan. I owned a KIA Sportage for more then 7 yeras and there was not any poblems, I would say never, so I decided to buy the next car the same KIA Sorento. My car is from Korea 2.5 turbo 8 DCT, produced in 2021 and 18000km. Why from Korea? Because in KZ we don’t have such configurations. I enjoyed only a week and I started having problems with the gearbox. My car refuses to drive. After computer diagnostics I've got error:

P1C2D(03)
Raw code: 1C2D03
ECU: Transmission control unit
Status: Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear, Warning indicator requested

Since I did not buy officially from a dealer, my car is not under warranty. Also, the problem is that in my country no one knows what to do with a car of this configuration.
Everyone tells me that I need to replace the whole gearbox, but it is very expensive and need to order that from Korea. I also know that the KIA has officially stated that this is a manufacturing defect and now there is a recalled company for all 8DCT gearbox.
I am writing here for help in advice, can you write here who had a similar experience, how did you solve your problem, was it a gearbox replacement or did you change the software?
Since this is a KIA community, perhaps someone knows the official email of KIA representatives so that I can contact them with an official letter describing my problem.
I really appreciate your help, and thanks in advance to everyone.

· Registered
2022 kia Sorento SX
10 Posts
I'm getting the brake maintenance done today, I was told that KIA released a new recall, so a second one for the DCT, and they will perform it on my car.

341 - 360 of 365 Posts