Kia Forum banner
321 - 340 of 365 Posts

· Registered
2022 Sorento SX
3 Posts
I just got a 2022 SX three weeks ago and contacted my dealer this morning. Gave them the vin # and they advised there are no TSB's for mine. My build date is 8/22 so this may be something they are fixing on the newer ones.

· Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD
81 Posts
I just got a 2022 SX three weeks ago and contacted my dealer this morning. Gave them the vin # and they advised there are no TSB's for mine. My build date is 8/22 so this may be something they are fixing on the newer ones.
My build date is 8/18/22 and dealer did an update based on SA502B. I’m curious if yours should get that.

· Registered
2022 Sorento SX
3 Posts
My build date is 8/18/22 and dealer did an update based on SA502B. I’m curious if yours should get that.
Not sure, I'm gonna go to the dealer and ask them face to face about this. So far it feels fine. I've had a transmission like this before and this one feels fine to me. It's not a daily driver for me and spends most of the time sitting in my garage.

· Registered
2021 Kia Sorento EX AWD 2.5l V4 Turbo
8 Posts
Just an update. Dealer replaced the transmission and applied software update, took about a month. The car drives completely different, none of the issues I had prior are present. In comparing how it drives now to when I purchased it, I believe the original transmission was bad from day one. So far, so good. I am interested to see if I still get the recall letter.
I have apparently joined the transmission club. 2021 Sorento EX, purchased 8/21. Made it to 15,500 miles then got the dreaded message to park the car safely, check engine light and P1c2D error code, car won't go into any gear. Many of the same issues everyone has detailed here, surging, no gear in reverse, etc. prior to the failure. Towed to the dealer and of course no loaners are available. Just lovely.

· Registered
2022 Kia Sorento XLine AWD EX
20 Posts
It's been a long time since I've posted on the forums, but the most recent transmission recall update brought me back. My 22 EX X-Line got the update today. I'm actually not a fan of it, at least not yet. When letting off of the brake, the car no longer eases forward. I have to pretty intentionally step on the accelerator to get going. When coming to a stop now, it feels like the transmission clunks and the car does a slight jerk to a stop. Maybe it needs time to re-learn things, maybe it's Maybelline. I'd be curious to know if anyone else experiences any issues with the update. Many thanks!

· Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige
14 Posts
I wonder if that's what is causing the "Transmission System Error" message in my Sorento. They still haven't sounded very confident that they have cured this problem.
World Sky Font Circle Space

· Registered
14 Posts
I reported this as a safety issue to the NHTSA. We should all submit a report. We need to make sure this gets the same attention as the Hyundais

Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA
Thanks for the link. I had searched the entire NHTSA site and could not figure out how to post a complaint. My complaint has been submitted although it is slightly different issue with the defective DCT transmission.

· Registered
14 Posts
I want to know if my relatively new car HAS this sw update? I would assume that all Sorentos manufactured after a certain date has it? How do I get the answer to this question?
Contact you local dealer and ask them. Right now they have only been installing the update on vehicles with transmission complaints as far as I am aware. This update was first released at the end of August.

· Registered
2012 2012 Optima SX + GWP, 2022 Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD
64 Posts
FWIW: I've had NO real issues with our DCT (just have to learn it's characteristics, etc.) and I've learned how to be very smooth with it (like the wife likes using SMART mode). I scheduled and had done the SA502A update this week and it went really well. I have noticed that the transmission seems more "settled", less jumpy in reverse up a hill and on crawling slowly in traffic. I'm very pleased thus far. I did ask about the SC250 recall/inspection and they didn't have any details at this time. Mine is one of those in the recall time-frame.

Since that issue (for recall SC250) seems to only be ~1% of the DCTs in the affected time-frame, I hope that besides the inspection (and replacement if needed), that Kia will do a "forever warranty" on the DCT for current and future owners to help restore trust in the brand. They did exactly that for me on my 2012 Kia Optima 2.0T when then replaced it under warranty back a few years back and I now have a forever warranty on the engine (as well as any subsequent owners but I drive the wheels off mine). It was one reason I came back to the brand for my 2022 Sorento.

· Administrator
12,627 Posts
Is this the same topic discussed in the below thread?

I ask, because some are copying and pasting the same to both threads which suggests they need to be merged, or the copy and paste is off-topic in one of the two threads.

Reactions: Sloop John

· Registered
2022 Sorento EX X-line
6 Posts
I have a 2022 Kia Sorento X-line EX for over 6 months. Didn't have any transmission problems, no jerking or stuttering. No problems going form stop to go.

Went in for my "complimentary" 6 month old change to the dealer and they installed the SA502A update.

Now, from stop to go, there is a stutter, as if the transmission slips. From slow to stop, there is again a clunk as I stop. The engine RPMs sounds like it drops. I almost sounds like a clunk going into gear. If its in auto hold, and have the engine running, I can feel it stuttering a little.

Does anyone have this experience? I guess its true, nothing in life is free.

· Registered
2021 Kia Sorento EX+ 2.0L Turbo AWD
1 Posts
Hi everyone, thank you for reporting issues like this so that we can all learn from similar situations.
I am from Ontario Canada and I have the same problem like all of you. My 2021 Kia Sorento 1year old with 30k kms. It bucks, stops to grinding halt, engine races, stalls on road while driving, rough on take offs and on stopping. Like the vehicle have a mind of its own. Imagine this vehicle have auto driving and lane monitoring etc. How safe is this?
My wife blames me for driving rough and not giving her a smooth ride like other drivers.
I keep telling her that I know how to drive and it is the SUV not me. She still didn't believe me until the red engine light came on and the vehicle could not start with a Wrench displayed saying service required.
So I took it to the Kia Dealership in Cambridge Ontario Canada. The feedback sameday was the code says it is a transmission poblem and the part is on backordered. I asked how long it will take and they said it could be week, weeks or months. I said I do not have a vehicle to drive. Service said they dont have authority to loan a vehicle and the will talk to the service manager and call me back the next day, which was yesterday. No body called me back. I just got off the phone with General Manager and asked for a temporary to drive while the backordered it take its time to come.
I am hoping for the best, without any further hickups. Lets see what the GM will do tomorrow. BTW: I bought it at the same Cambridge Kia.

· Registered
2022 Sorento EX X-line
6 Posts
I have a 2022 Kia EX-Xline AWD. Bought in March 2022. Was perfectly fine. Never noticed any transmission problems. From reverse to forward, there was the normal delay in automatic cars, but i don't care about that. No jerking or stuttering at low speeds. No problems accelerating (its not a sports car, so I adjusted to any delay in acceleration).

Went in for my complimentary 6 months oil change, and they installed the SA502A update, and now its worse.
I've got the stutter at low speeds, when decelerating. Also when it goes into auto-off, it lurches and shuts off. Reminds me of stalling a manual car. After gear 2, no problems. But that classic slows speed "DCT" issue is there now. Wasn't before the update. Brought it back to dealer and they checked it all out and said everything is ok and that:
"the car will learn how you drive, give it a week to sort it out" and "That a DCT car, it stutters at low speeds"

Really?? Its a "smart car" with AI? Never knew that? That sounded like "get out my dealership, you have a Kia"
And if its the norm for DCT, why did it not do it before the update?

So I'll see how it goes, but its never great when you leave the dealer with more issues than when you came in.

· Registered
2022 Sorento SX
30 Posts
I am with the others that received the update and don't like it....I get the delay when hitting the gas from a standstill.... almost like tranny is slipping and then engaged to late. Stopping I get a bump also....

It is smoother in the parking lot driving...which I am happy about. I know they did this update to reduce the wear on the clutches but it still needs refinements....I sure hope they come out with a new update soon to resolve this issue. Now let's get the couple other issues fixed in the software

· Registered
2022 Kia Sorento XLine AWD EX
20 Posts
I have a 2022 Kia EX-Xline AWD. Bought in March 2022. Was perfectly fine. Never noticed any transmission problems. From reverse to forward, there was the normal delay in automatic cars, but i don't care about that. No jerking or stuttering at low speeds. No problems accelerating (its not a sports car, so I adjusted to any delay in acceleration).

Went in for my complimentary 6 months oil change, and they installed the SA502A update, and now its worse.
I've got the stutter at low speeds, when decelerating. Also when it goes into auto-off, it lurches and shuts off. Reminds me of stalling a manual car. After gear 2, no problems. But that classic slows speed "DCT" issue is there now. Wasn't before the update. Brought it back to dealer and they checked it all out and said everything is ok and that:
"the car will learn how you drive, give it a week to sort it out" and "That a DCT car, it stutters at low speeds"

Really?? Its a "smart car" with AI? Never knew that? That sounded like "get out my dealership, you have a Kia"
And if its the norm for DCT, why did it not do it before the update?

So I'll see how it goes, but its never great when you leave the dealer with more issues than when you came in.
Yeah, I'm having the same issues here after the update. There's an especially loud and audible clunk every time I put it in reverse now also. It jerks the whole car every time.

· Registered
Kia Sorento EX 2022
52 Posts
I went in for an oil change on Monday then the dealer finally did the update to my Sorento. I noticed immediately after the update the car was less shuddering and vibrating than before while creeping in traffic or at a traffic light. It's still there but i would say almost 85% it's gone. I'm more than happy now.

For anyone curios the update they did to mine was: KIA SAFETY ACTION 220A13 DCT_REFLASH

Forgot to add, the dealer did mentioned that this should keep the transmission safe. They also said they had replaced 5 DCT transmissions so far.

· Registered
2020 Kia Sorento S
2 Posts
‘21 Sorento s here, bought in late 2020 when they were brand new and I was the only one driving this baby around… anyways.. I’ve had a bunch of the issues described in this forum, but when they did soem
Of those updates, almost all of those
Problems went away (high engine revving, failing to shift, used to happen a lot!) The problems that do seem to persist or linger, is the car suddenly turning off when coming to a complet stop at the light, I find leaving the automatic turn off feature OFF, alleviates that problem. It usually happens when that function is left on. The car also has some stuttering problems when driving slow in a parking lot, but also a lot of these problems get fixed as soon as I goTo the dealership and get an oil change. I got 29k miles on it as of those post

321 - 340 of 365 Posts