Kia Forum banner
301 - 320 of 365 Posts

· Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
447 Posts
I'm assuming that's what they did to mine - since the update my DCT feels just like a regular automatic. No hesitation or jumpiness. Feels perfect!

· Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
244 Posts
I just got my vehicle back from the dealership and they claimed that this Service Action SA502A was supposed to fix the lingering "Transmission System Error" that my vehicle has been experiencing. However, the service rep wasn't sure what exactly it was. Does anyone here have access to the details on this software update for the DCT?
FWIW, it's now showing up on the NHTSA website (NOT a recall at this time):

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

· Registered
36 Posts
My issues were COMPLETELY fixed by the SA502A ECU update.

It finally feels like I am driving a new car again! Update was done 3 days ago and none of the symptoms have returned (yet). I am at 22,000 miles. I don't remember when the symptoms started , but it was pretty early after I bought the car brand new from the Kia dealership.

I never got any error codes on the display, but I was experiencing the very noticeable jerkiness/stuttering when putting it in Reverse, putting it in Drive, and coming to a stop. Once in a while when putting in Drive, it would creep backwards as if the clutch wasn't engaged.

My Kia Service Dept told me they had to scan the computer for specific codes first before doing the SA502A update. If specific error codes showed up, they said they would have to replace the transmission instead. Luckily (I think), no codes showed up during their scan. I am hoping that this means the update fixed it "permanently".

· Registered
36 Posts
(duplicate post from other thread)

It finally feels like I am driving a new car again! Update was done 3 days ago and none of the symptoms have returned (yet). I am at 22,000 miles. I don't remember when the symptoms started , but it was pretty early after I bought the car brand new from the Kia dealership.

I never got any error codes on the display, but I was experiencing the very noticeable jerkiness/stuttering when putting it in Reverse, putting it in Drive, and coming to a stop. Once in a while when putting in Drive, it would creep backwards as if the clutch wasn't engaged.

My Kia Service Dept told me they had to scan the computer for specific codes first before doing the SA502A update. If specific error codes showed up, they said they would have to replace the transmission instead. Luckily (I think), no codes showed up during their scan. I am hoping that this means the update fixed it "permanently".

Manufacture Date "NOV/30/20"

· Registered
244 Posts

Would you mind sharing the manufactured date with us? It’s inside the driver’s-side door pillar. Thanks.

· Registered
244 Posts

Manufacture Date "NOV/30/20"
Wow, mine was built 12 days before yours! I think I'll check into getting the update. I don't have a problem with it per se, but pulling into the garage has always been dicey as far as inching it into position; it wants to either go or disengage entirely. I've just accepted that as normal operation, but it might be nice to have it a little smoother in those situations.

· Registered
2021 KIA Sorento SX AWD
2 Posts
Just had my 18k service performed on 9/30/22. When I checked in at service desk, I asked them to please check if my vehicle was eligible for SA502A. It was and the performed reprogramming. I never had an alert appear on my vehicle about the transmission. However, ther were times I experienced the sluggish response when taking off or changing into a higher gear and the vibrating when moving forward at idel speed in heavy traffic. So far all of these issues have disappeared and it;s like driving a totally dofferent vehicle.

· Registered
244 Posts
Just had my 18k service performed on 9/30/22. When I checked in at service desk, I asked them to please check if my vehicle was eligible for SA502A. It was and the performed reprogramming. I never had an alert appear on my vehicle about the transmission. However, ther were times I experienced the sluggish response when taking off or changing into a higher gear and the vibrating when moving forward at idel speed in heavy traffic. So far all of these issues have disappeared and it;s like driving a totally dofferent vehicle.
What was your Sorento's build date? (on the driver's-side door pillar)

· Registered
2012 2012 Optima SX + GWP, 2022 Sorento X-Line SX-Prestige AWD
64 Posts
Is this a free software update? I would assume it is, even if not yet experiencing any symptoms.

· Registered
2021 Kia Sorento X-Line
138 Posts
Is this a free software update? I would assume it is, even if not yet experiencing any symptoms.
There was no charge for the update that I received. You may want to call your local dealership to confirm that your car needs it. I was told when I brought my car in for an oil change that it was due for a software update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
'22 Sorento SX-P, X-Line 2.5t, Wolf Gray
590 Posts
Well, looks like this is turning into a bigger issue. Looks like a "Stop Sale" has been issued for all the Hyundai models with our same 8 Speed Wet Dual Clutch. I would assume the Kia's will follow suit
That ought to get someone's attention - hit em right where it hurts, in their bottom line sales! Yes, I cannot see how KIA will be able to ignore this.

· Registered
244 Posts
Well, looks like this is turning into a bigger issue. Looks like a "Stop Sale" has been issued for all the Hyundai models with our same 8 Speed Wet Dual Clutch. I would assume the Kia's will follow suit
ruh roh

· Registered
2021 K5GT 2.5L Turbo DCT
6 Posts
My hope is that they make a physical change, rather than just a warranty extension. Hopefully this is considered a safety issue, as it should. I really love this car, but can't keep it if it's going to be a timebomb. I am now on my 3rd transmission in this car.

301 - 320 of 365 Posts