Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just going to install a Class III hitch today and pick up our new travel trailer (2,700 lbs. dry) in a couple of weeks. I had thought that the Sedona came with a transmission cooler but the dealer tells me it is for the power steering. He also said that I would not need a transmission cooler and not to worry about it.

From all that I have read I don't think it to be a great idea to set out on a 2,500 km trip and no cooler - forget the warranty - I just want to be safe.

What are your thoughts? Should I spend the $80CDN and get a cooler? Comments will be appreciated.

Bob Young

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took my Sedona to my mechanic and we had a look under the hood. Forget what the dealer told me - we found that it has both transmission and power steering coolers!

We went to our travel trailer dealer a week ago and picked up a 2005 Shadow Cruiser 18' with tandem wheels. Dry wait about about 2,700 lbs. It towed it wonderfully well and we spent several days getting used to our new unit in a State Park. Working very well but I will have to slow down a bit to get reasonable gas mileage.

Bob Young

·
Registered
'04 Kia Sedona EX, '10 MBZ C300 Sport, 1.3KW Electric GoCart
109 Posts
I looked at my '04, seems to have both PS and AT coolers. You can see them through the lower bumper holes or grill slots. Strange to see the rubber hoses exposed directly in the the front bumper holes. Seems to needed some of that "Import Racer" grille material behind the holes. Just don't use the tacky "flame" pattern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts