Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Spectra Lx 5 speed manual transmission
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how do I know I put the shift cable and the shift linkage in the right position after I changed the clutch in my 2.4 I-4 DOHC 2009 Kia Spectra Lx it has a 5 speed manual transmission

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
486 Posts
It would be wise to verify your assembly with a service manual that has schematic diagrams and exploded views. Next time take a few cell phone photos prior to disassembly. Works wonders!

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,887 Posts
If you removed the clips on top of the transmission just bolting the two cables down and re-inserting the cables would be OK... I have replaced the clutch in my 2008 Spectra SX and never had to do any alignments...One thing to watch out for is a bad bushing that the clutch arm goes through going into the bell housing...I had all kinds of problems with what I thought was a clutch sticking ... replacing the clutch parts, master and slave cylinders only to find that bushing/sleeve had swelled binding both the clutch arm and also the bell housing... It was a real bastrd to get out...
My clutch is now smooth as silk...The part was special order and went for around $7.00...
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts