Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 KIA Sportage EX
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, less than 30k and another transmission code. One day earlier this week the Sportage starting skipping and when shifting from park to drive it felt like it shifted hard, not forceful just hard. Shortly after, the check engine light came on, so down to the dealership I went. The codes were P0711 and P0713 "Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance and Circuit High Input".

The dealer diagnosed the car in a timely manner, overnighted the sensor and replaced it under warranty the following day (today). Now, shifting from park to drive is flawless and smooth. Actually so smooth you don't feel any transition from park to drive or drive to reverse. The sportage now changes gears smoothly and just overall seems better. Hopefully this is resolved and is not a reoccurring issue.

Anybody else experience this?? The dealership did say they changed out this sensor on a Sorrento tranny as well.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
I personally have not seen this on a Sportage, but have seen a couple on Sorentos. It is the same transmission, so its possible that there may be a few bad ones out there. It seems to only affect the early models, but I wouldn't call it a common problem. What is the build date(on the door jam label) on your Sportage?

·
Registered
98 Honda CR-V, 08 GMC CC, 96 Camry Coupe V6, 11 Kia Sportage EX AWD
87 Posts
I personally have not seen this on a Sportage, but have seen a couple on Sorentos. It is the same transmission, so its possible that there may be a few bad ones out there. It seems to only affect the early models, but I wouldn't call it a common problem. What is the build date(on the door jam label) on your Sportage?
Wow my build date is 6/10 :eek: Thanks for posting that information.:)

·
Registered
Sportage 2011 EX
2 Posts
Hi Folks, I have a sportage 2011; around 12km on it - got these 2 codes today P0711, P0713. Wonder if this is related to the summer heat. Just signed up to the forum, will update the car specs etc and start sharing.
p.s: love the care and so far Kia service branch has been awesome

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
sorry to dig up an old thread but I am having this exact problem and also have the P0711 code on my 2011Kia Sportage. What is the specific sensor I need to buy? Can anyone tell me where I would locate it in the engine compartment? Thank you for any help

·
Registered
Subaru WRX
241 Posts
The trans fluid temp sensor is under the trans pan. You will need to drain and remove pan. This is a VERY common issue and KIA issued a TSB on it.

·
Registered
2015 Sedona EX - Premium Package
737 Posts
The trans fluid temp sensor is under the trans pan. You will need to drain and remove pan. This is a VERY common issue and KIA issued a TSB on it.
Sadly to say, my Dealership won't warrant such job instead billing me 590+ which I decline for the meantime. He said, transmission fluid sensor(P0711) is not part of transmission?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX, 6spd manual
184 Posts
Sadly to say, my Dealership won't warrant such job instead billing me 590+ which I decline for the meantime. He said, transmission fluid sensor(P0711) is not part of transmission?
What a terrible dealer. Let everyone know which dealer this is and find a better one.

On a side note... our manual transmission Sportage is running great! :)

·
Registered
Subaru WRX
241 Posts
How can they deny the warranty? Are you still under 60K miles? It is most certainly part of the transmission. I would call Kia motors of America or go to a different dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts