Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sorento EX
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my EX six weeks. All good (except for the invisible speedo needle). When cold, the first time it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear it has a distinct "clunk". After that the transmission is fine. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a TSB or a software update to address this?

·
Registered
2107 Kia Niro, 2018 Toyota Camry XSE, 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2015 Yamaha V Star 950 Touring
13 Posts
I just noticed this "klunk" this morning for the first time. I'll pay more attention to see if it happens often.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento EX
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had my EX six weeks. All good (except for the invisible speedo needle). When cold, the first time it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear it has a distinct "clunk". After that the transmission is fine. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a TSB or a software update to address this?
Well..it is definitely NOT getting better. I have an appointment next Friday at the dealer to see if this issue can be rectified. Maybe the shift point can be reprogrammed or reset. I'll let you know the results.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX
63 Posts
Do you just start the car and shift in to gear? I've heard mines "clunk" but only when I do a start and go. But if I let it warm a couple minutes it doesn't do that.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento EX
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you just start the car and shift in to gear? I've heard mines "clunk" but only when I do a start and go. But if I let it warm a couple minutes it doesn't do that.
No,I let it warm up a little, back out of the garage, and head off. That first shift is a "klunker'. After that it is OK. Sometimes the shift points seem odd, like it is "winding up" and then going into the next gear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On mine (V6 FWD), I have noticed when I am trying to pull out of a driveway and I push the pedal down hard while turning, it has that same CLUNK-type sound, and there is almost no acceleration for a second or 2.

Definitely not happy with that - I have been just not pressing it as hard lately and it helps a bit, but if I need that immediate speed while turning out, it scares me that I may not have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts