Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2016 Sorento EX V6 AWD FE (w/ EX Premium Package) & 2020 Soul EX (w/ EX Designer Collection Package)
50 Posts
As you're approaching end of warranty mileage wise. You maybe should open a work order with the dealer and have them assess it. Once on the work order of a leak. It can be addressed later if they brush it off. Keep the record and approach another dealer if you're not satisfied.
I would not expect its normal unless its been service and a minor spill occurred.
I believe only the first owner has the 10year/100,000miles warranty.

· Registered
2016 Sorento EX V6 AWD FE (w/ EX Premium Package) & 2020 Soul EX (w/ EX Designer Collection Package)
50 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking to drain and fill the transmission oil on my sister's 2019 Sorento tomorrow.

Yesterday when I was looking at the transmission I stuck my phone down to take a video of the area to see what's the hose connected to the "fill plug" that everyone is using to fill new oil. into it After looking and researching this appears to be a transmission breather tube, and the end of the tube on her car has seepage all around it.

I am wondering if it is normal to have some seepage, and also how is this a breather tube when it looks to be capped off with a plastic cap at the end of the hose?

Her car has 92k miles and we do not know if the service history ever included a transmission drain before. The car was previously a Hertz rental, so I am going to drain/fill it once tomorrow and once more next month. Any insight is appreciated!

View attachment 127444 View attachment 127445
Here is an article about ATF seepage out of the breather.
Transmission fluid comes up out of the transmission vent ...

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Pattern

Rectangle Font Circle Number Pattern

1 - 2 of 2 Posts