Kia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often the transmission and differential oil suppose to be changed?Will it also need some additives to be mixed with oil for these parts?It's the beginning of the rainy season in my country so chances of running my Sorento into flooded roads will always be there. I wonder how the Sorento will look like with snorkel kit on it?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's cool man! :clap: I thought nobody has done it with sorento yet. It's a great site you have discovered. Hope you are aware that this August, one man will circumnavigate the globe using a Sorento. I'm sure one of those modified Sorento will be great. But KIA opted for a stock Sorento instead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Depends on how you use the Sorento. Hard use, you'll want to change more frequently. But general, 30k would be good for the tranny, and I say about every 15k miles for the diff, but that might be excessive. Best thing is to check the owners manual. You need a limited slip additive for the rear diff as well.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which additive brand do you recommend for the limited slip?I don't really subject my Sorento on hard use except for these potholes on the road that we have everywhere

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone imported any of that stuff?

I tried to email the company and got no reply. Can it be imported and used?

Is there an American company doing this kind of work?

Anyone?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Since when does diff oil need to be changed at all?
I've been around vehicles a long time and short of doing other work in the diff or just a level check, there is no need to change gear oil before 100k (kms) if at all. Diff oil change at 15k is absurd IMO.

·
Registered
03 Sorie EX, AWD/04 Chevy Malibu MAXX LT/06 Pontiac Solstice/09 Cadillac CTS
108 Posts
check the owners manual...I beleive that its 30k for the dif fluid changes

·
Registered
07 Sorento EX, 03 Accord, 07 DL650
62 Posts
If you do not change your differential fluid per the owner's manual, regardless of whether it needs it or not, Kia will automatically void any warranty work related to your differential.

·
Registered
2006 3.5 Sorento 4x4
1,041 Posts
before you all go snorkel mad dont forget the air inlet to the evap canister sittingabout 12 in above the ground . it sucks air ( water ) in when the engine is at idle ......I ve extended mine and will post some instructions on how to do it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts