Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Sportage 2 door.
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the size of the allen head for the transfer case drain & fill plug? I don't don't have an allen head socket near that big so I need to know what size I need to buy.

·
Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
196 Posts
I changed my fluid not too long ago, but I sure don't remember what size the allen is. If I get time today, I will check it out.

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
In lieu of a allen wrench i would go int my nut and bolt box, find a bolt that the head of the bolt fits into plug. Double nut the threads of the bolt and insert the head of the bolt into the plug , loosen the plug with a wrench on the inside nut. Instant allen wrench.

Chief

·
Registered
'02 Sportage 2 door.
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In lieu of a allen wrench i would go int my nut and bolt box, find a bolt that the head of the bolt fits into plug. Double nut the threads of the bolt and insert the head of the bolt into the plug , loosen the plug with a wrench on the inside nut. Instant allen wrench.

Chief
That would be o.k. if I had metric nuts & bolts.

·
Registered
'96 Camry v6 XLE, '00 Camry LE
2,173 Posts
Greets,

It's a 14mm allen head, this applies for both the manual and auto versions of the 2000 / 2001 Sporty here, (just checked both, ripping the front down pipe off the parts Sporty -> installing on the 2000 daily driver..)

Back to work..:D
GottaCruise

·
Registered
'02 Sportage 2 door.
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greets,

It's a 14mm allen head, this applies for both the manual and auto versions of the 2000 / 2001 Sporty here, (just checked both, ripping the front down pipe off the parts Sporty -> installing on the 2000 daily driver..)

Back to work..:D
GottaCruise
Thank you. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts