Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2003 Kia sorento bought it with 114xxx car is in great shape no skip in engine at all. Test drove wouldnt shift into overdrive. I cant tell you if my check engine light was on or 4wd lights because someone pulled the bulbs. So I bought the car and did some research into this problem. If I switched my four-wheel drive into 4hi or 4lo it shifted into the full wheel in 4 low in a chipped back into 2-wheel drive. I brought the car to AutoZone and have them do a code scan the error codes that came up where: P0700 transmission control system (MIL Request) P0442 evaporative emission system leak detected (small leak) P1795 4WD switch signal malfunction PO700 read this code twice for some reseason. P0442 also read this one twice P0456 evaporative emission system leak detected (very small leak). So after doing research online I found that the tccm transfer case control module chained cars the car not to shift into overdrive. I then went to go on to read that if you unplug the sensor which is on the passenger side left firewall right about where you left foot with rest against the edge that the issue would stop. So I went ahead and I unplugged the tccm not before unhooking the battery, after unplugged I connected the battery and started her up. I have no issue now will it shifting gears I have OverDrive and all I just don't have four wheel drive options. So I guess we are not going to drive it until I can get a new transfer case control module but I'm wondering will this hurt my vehicle in any way? I replaced the 4 wheel drive switch. I have not had a chance at looking for any of those small leaks. I'm wondering if that may cause the transfer case control module not to shift into overdrive? Andit seems to be consuming a lot of gas. Thanks for any advice

·
Super Moderator
9,475 Posts
2003 Kia sorento bought it with 114xxx car is in great shape no skip in engine at all. Test drove wouldnt shift into overdrive. I cant tell you if my check engine light was on or 4wd lights because someone pulled the bulbs. So I bought the car and did some research into this problem. If I switched my four-wheel drive into 4hi or 4lo it shifted into the full wheel in 4 low in a chipped back into 2-wheel drive. I brought the car to AutoZone and have them do a code scan the error codes that came up where: P0700 transmission control system (MIL Request) P0442 evaporative emission system leak detected (small leak) P1795 4WD switch signal malfunction PO700 read this code twice for some reseason. P0442 also read this one twice P0456 evaporative emission system leak detected (very small leak). So after doing research online I found that the tccm transfer case control module chained cars the car not to shift into overdrive. I then went to go on to read that if you unplug the sensor which is on the passenger side left firewall right about where you left foot with rest against the edge that the issue would stop. So I went ahead and I unplugged the tccm not before unhooking the battery, after unplugged I connected the battery and started her up. I have no issue now will it shifting gears I have OverDrive and all I just don't have four wheel drive options. So I guess we are not going to drive it until I can get a new transfer case control module but I'm wondering will this hurt my vehicle in any way? I replaced the 4 wheel drive switch. I have not had a chance at looking for any of those small leaks. I'm wondering if that may cause the transfer case control module not to shift into overdrive? Andit seems to be consuming a lot of gas. Thanks for any advice
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts