Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a owner of 2 Kia Spectra's 2004.5. Both of them are having shifting problems. It seems like when I excellerate quickly the car doesn't shift right. It almost feels like the trans is slipping. Please help.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
183 Posts
Hey TSB:

Can you give a few more details about your cars, and the problem you're having?

For instance:

- How many miles do the cars have on them?

- What was the build date (found on the sticker inside the drivers door)?

- Have you checked the level of transmission fluid while the car is hot and idling in Park?

- Do the cars exhibit the same behavior for another driver? The new Spectra's have a computerized transmission that may be reacting strangely to your style of accelerator pressure, etc.

I agree that if there is a problem, your dealer's the best place to head. You should be under warranty as long as you bought the cars new or used from the dealer.

I am very interested to hear how many miles you have on your cars, because I own a 2004.5 Spectra that's got almost 8K miles on it, and it was built in March of 2004. So far my car's performance has been nearly flawless. The only repair my car has required was the replacement of the 3rd (middle) brakelight LED due to 2 of the cells not lighting. Pretty minor stuff.

-SM

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sorry to be so dumb but my husband has died recently and I do not know
where my transmission dip stick is or where to add transmission fluid to my
2003 Kia Spectra. Can you guys help???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts