Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 sportage sx turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 sx needs temp sensor and harness replacement i cant find a video on how to do it anywhere...i had it diag'd but dont have 900 to do it im very handy with cars but not familiar with transmissions can anyone send a link to the manual or video on how to do this i orderd the parts already...thanx in advance

·
Registered
2011 Forte SX 2.4L (thankfully MPI) A/T 144K miles
1,619 Posts
Although I don't have a manual for your vehicle, most of the transmissions in the 2011-2019 years are configured the same way. There will be a vertical valve body cover in the front of the tranny case which needs to be removed, after draining the transmission fluid via the underside drain plug. After the cover is off, the valve body is removed, which allows access to the temp sensor and harness for replacement. After the valve body is replaced, the cover is reinstalled with either RTV or a solid gasket, depending on the model. Refill with TYPE4 fluid.

·
Registered
2011 sportage sx turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although I don't have a manual for your vehicle, most of the transmissions in the 2011-2019 years are configured the same way. There will be a vertical valve body cover in the front of the tranny case which needs to be removed, after draining the transmission fluid via the underside drain plug. After the cover is off, the valve body is removed, which allows access to the temp sensor and harness for replacement. After the valve body is replaced, the cover is reinstalled with either RTV or a solid gasket, depending on the model. Refill with TYPE4 fluid.
Thanx bro so all i have to do is find the cover in front of trans remove bolts after drain trans fluid and remove valve body to get acess to the parts. Correct?

·
Registered
2011 Forte SX 2.4L (thankfully MPI) A/T 144K miles
1,619 Posts
That's the typical procedure and also how it's done on my Forte, but I can't provide first-hand confirmation for your vehicle, so I strongly recommend trying to find a manual for yours, just in case there's something different about it.

·
Registered
2011 sportage sx turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just read that its pretty straightforward so im going to do some more research but thanks for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts