Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Sephia with 214,700 miles on it. I bought it in 1998 with 40,000 miles on it and have had great service from the car. This car rocks. How/where do I check the trans axle fluid? The manual says through where the speedometer gear enters the housing but I can't find it.

·
Registered
1996 Kia Sephia GS
120 Posts
I know this is an old post but reviving anyway.

For automatics its just to the left of the bettery/fuse box. its a small knob that is black.

If your having trouble reading the transmission fluid level (automatic) try wiping your dipstick on a paper towel then move it over and wipe it again and over(wiping on a clean spot each time), the metal will lose its sheen and take on a very dull look. Making it very easy to see the line.

I just got my car a few weeks ago, tranny fluid was over filled and for the life of me 3 days of trying I could not get a reading on the dipstick. If its over just a little it seems to splash all over and never give an accurate reading. Its also very very easy to overfill :p

·
Registered
1997 Kia Sephia LS 1.8L Manual 5-Speed
8 Posts
Its underneath the starter on the transaxel itsself theres a rounded triangular connector and that is it

·
Registered
96 Kia sephia Ls
9 Posts
Hi to all concerned maybe it has been addressed before i had my 96 since new and learned the hard way there is a cold level and a hot level on a auto dipstick its like my motorcyle when the fluid is cold it should be at the first line or looks like it is a quart low if it is hot it should be right at the top line it has the temp degree on the dip stick if you look close very important i used to take my car to jiffy lube they would do a transmission flush and just like any car they would refill up to the top full line only the fluid or trans was now cold no biggie but after a few times of this running around in a trans a qaurt over filled it blew or ruined my tranny main seal and i had to have a shop replace it it even says this in the owners manual under checking trans fluid level ......

·
Registered
96 Kia sephia Ls
9 Posts
fluid level

sorry not auto dipstick i meant this make and model year trans dipstick there you go any one would think its just like any trans and fill it to the top line try it for your self in the morning befor you start it check your trans level note were it is drive the car to operating temp then recheck it again note how different it will be ........my Harley Sportster is the same way for some reason .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts