Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've just recently learned that the 1.8 under the hood of my 02 spectra LS is the same engine that was in both the protege and the miata only downtuned... One the very few complaints I have about my little car is that even in fifth on the highway at a reasonable cruising speed the engine revs rather high which is intrusively loud.
I've been considering maybe swapping in a six speed from the miata... would that bolt up properly? miata is rear wheel drive... though it's the same engine techincally... I'd really just like to have an O/D gear that was a little lower than 0.80... it'd be nice to even have 500 rpm lower at 120 kph on the highway instead of turning over nearly 3500 rpm... unless the music is on it's just headache forming. I don't want to lose the peppyness of my 1st through 4th gears though... the acceleration and gas mileage are just right right now but I need a deeper quieter cruising gear...
So would a 6 from a miata bolt up? or would it be a problem since the spectra is FWD?

Truly,
Lexx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts