Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
05 Kia Spectra5, 1966 Pontiac GTO
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, here's the situation. I just got a 2005 Spectra5 and the CEL was on. I was talking to the kid that I got it off of and he told me it came on when he had to replace the engine at 50,000 miles and not the transmission. Now 100,000 miles later I own the car and want to get the light off my dash. I ran the code and it spit out a P0741 and I have been noticing that when I cruise down the highway the car acts like it having a hard time locking into gear. It mainly does it when I'm right around 55-60mph. It also likes to do it when I driving in town. I know that it needs the tranny fluid and filter but would a plug thats loose be causing this. I would like to get the shaking in the high RPM's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
I ran the code and it spit out a P0741 and I have been noticing that when I cruise down the highway the car acts like it having a hard time locking into gear... I know that it needs the tranny fluid and filter but would a plug thats loose be causing this?

I would [also] like to get [rid of] the shaking in the high RPMs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
That code points to a transmission problem, and if you "know" that fluid and filter needs replacing, that would be your best idea. Code P0741 posts on the forum might be worth looking at (Just do a Google search for P0741 KIA).

It seems that shaking at high RPM (How high?) is a separate issue. Any evidence of ignition problems, like faltering on acceleration? A compression test and test for a blocked catalytic converter is probably also a good idea. Check condition of spark plugs while you're at it. Timing belt condition?

·
Registered
05 Kia Spectra5, 1966 Pontiac GTO
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Shaking" was a poor choice of words. Its like its trying to lock into gear but it wont until I let out of it, and by high rpms I mean only about 3000. It happens under normal driving conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts