Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is dextron spIII the only tranny fluid for the 2000 sephia? does anyone make a compatable synthetic tranny fluid for this.

thank's

·
Registered
4 Posts
hmm im not sure how diff your 2000 is from my 2001 but after speaking to the Lubeshop guy and the server guy at kia you can use any fully synthetic transmission oil but...what you should be using is the SPIII transmission oil availabe from Hyundi or Kia dealers. I paid 6.50 canadian per liter which wasnt that bad in my opinion considering the GM synchromesh i put in my acura was 9.50 a liter.. hope this helps...

PS liter = quart. heheh EH!

·
Registered
138 Posts
My Kia is standard shift, but have a Galant that uses the same SPIII ATF that Hyundai and Kia uses. I can tell you not to put the regular Mercon in it. It really makes for lousy shifts. Ask the Mitsu/Hyundai and Kia dealerships around for the price. It ranged between $4.75 to 6.75 in my region. I have heard people using ATF+3 or +4 that is for Chrysler cars (mitsu is part Chrysler!), but haven't tried t myself, mostly because the price was pretty much the same, not worth risking my tranny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts