Kia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6 Luxury
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 2012 EX AWD with the GDI in for a 2013 EX V6 Luxury. ;) Boy does the V6 goes. Got her in silver. :D

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Wise decision! I came this close to getting the four banger...wasn't even the GDi either. Hope you like you're new ride! Nice colour choice too!

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6
40 Posts
Ditto! Love my silver EX. Just got a new Motor Trend and they concluded it needs more power. Oh well they made the 91 Chevy Car of the Year. Also noticed that Kia had no ad pages in MT. Go figure.;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah a lot of people still look down at Kia, until they drive one. Enjoy mine :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah a lot of people still look down at Kia, until they drive one. Enjoy mine :D
All my neighbours asked me why I bought a kia. Let them take it for a drive and they changed their opinons real quick.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento AWD V6 SX Cherry Black
231 Posts
That Motor Trend article really gets me. Looked like two different writers. One complained about the 3rd row seating being too small for long trips- yea, its for kids and maybe 6 adults going out for an evening, not for cross country. Besides, obvious if you have the rear seats up you have limited trip storage anyway, DUH. With the 3rd row seats down, more room that any of the compeition. Complained about the firm front seats, then had a guy travel 1500 miles with a bad hip and he loved it. Complained about the V6 being slow or underpowered with more than 2 people in it. Mine cracks 0-60mph in 6.5- 6.7 sec. electronically timed, automatically shifting @ 6700rpm and is faster than my son's Lexus 430 V8. Theirs apparently needed to go to the dealer for a timing adjustment. I agree that the ride is firm in city's rough streets, just like my son in law's German Audi, Oh I forgot, a former Audi designer helped with its design. They couldn't find any real problems in all the miles driven, unlike some of their high roller cars. Yes, no KIA ads, and I too wonder. But then again, Motor Trend always was 2nd rate to Road and Track.

·
Registered
SWP 2012 Sorento SX AWD
39 Posts
That Motor Trend article really gets me. Looked like two different writers. ... But then again, Motor Trend always was 2nd rate to Road and Track.
I read it too and they complained about nearly everything. I didn't get it. The stiffer suspension is a God-send from the days of truck-frame. They were driving the SX as well - and yet they didn't want to put it up for TOTY. Were they afraid that the Kia would beat their lovely benefactors Toyota or Honda? Dodge Ram - really?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
congrats.

i think everyone wants to know if they gave you a decent deal on your '12. i am thinking of trading up for a '14 but it will depend a lot on what they give me for my '13.

·
Registered
Sorento SX; 07 BMW 335i
21 Posts
congrats.

i think everyone wants to know if they gave you a decent deal on your '12. i am thinking of trading up for a '14 but it will depend a lot on what they give me for my '13.
If you ever decided to take that route, pls give some feedback...the '14 looks really nice, and I just got the '13 too, so I'm thinking of a trade-in as well :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
congrats.

I got $26000CAN for my 2012 with 18970KM on it, I was going to wait on the 2014s but, I love the way that the current generation looks more. Am very happy with the deal I got am with the Sorento also, ;)

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
I got $26000CAN for my 2012 with 18970KM on it, I was going to wait on the 2014s but, I love the way that the current generation looks more. Am very happy with the deal I got am with the Sorento also, ;)
translation for the americans: $26k for a 2012 EX AWD with ~11,800 miles.

i am guessing i would get closer to $29k for my loaded SX with about 5k miles on it. maybe a bit more. running through some quick math, my car payment would go up ~$90 a month because i financed $30k. with the 2014, i would be financing ~$35k (higher because they gave me $5k over what i owed on my Forester whereas i would about break even on what i owe for my 2013 Sorento).

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
If you ever decided to take that route, pls give some feedback...the '14 looks really nice, and I just got the '13 too, so I'm thinking of a trade-in as well :)
absolutely i would. the numbers don't look too pretty, but if wind up scoring some amazing deal and get a 2014, the board will be the 3rd to know.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
absolutely i would. the numbers don't look too pretty, but if wind up scoring some amazing deal and get a 2014, the board will be the 3rd to know.
Yeah, I was in the dealership for a good 4 hours, for me to walk away from what was on the table would have being very stupid. If you like the way the 2014s look am sure you'll get a good deal when she comes out. ;)

P.S for the guy who ask if I got a new Sorento, Yes its was brand new with only 30KM on it.

·
Registered
2013 Silver Sorento EX V6AWD, 2007 Toyota Highlander V6LtdAWD, 2004 Toyota 4-Runner V6Ltd2x4
80 Posts
Socaboy....Good move on moving up to the V6...enjoy the headsnap on the highway!

Zero Complaints, 8,600 Miles....

My wife is pissed that I don't let her drive it (she absolutely crushed a Cooper with her Highlander at a Dunkin Donuts last year)....

LOVE MY SORENTO EX V6!!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Socaboy....Good move on moving up to the V6...enjoy the headsnap on the highway!

Zero Complaints, 8,600 Miles....

My wife is pissed that I don't let her drive it (she absolutely crushed a Cooper with her Highlander at a Dunkin Donuts last year)....

LOVE MY SORENTO EX V6!!!!!
Crushed as in crashed into it or blew its doors off at a redlight?

·
Registered
2013 Silver Sorento EX V6AWD, 2007 Toyota Highlander V6LtdAWD, 2004 Toyota 4-Runner V6Ltd2x4
80 Posts
Crushed as in she had her music on very loudly so she couldn't hear the sound of plastic and metal crunching nor the female owner of the Mini Cooper screaming at her to stop as my wife backed up...nor did my wife look over her right shoulder as she was backing up...car insurance surcharge...her Highlander definitely won that match..

I keep hiding my Sorento key fob from her.....no way, Jose...:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
Crushed as in she had her music on very loudly so she couldn't hear the sound of plastic and metal crunching nor the female owner of the Mini Cooper screaming at her to stop as my wife backed up...nor did my wife look over her right shoulder as she was backing up...car insurance surcharge...her Highlander definitely won that match..

I keep hiding my Sorento key fob from her.....no way, Jose...:eek:
bob nurses needs to blast music outside of work as we cant in the work place lol.. is the highlnder on the road again?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Ken,

Yes her car is on the road again, although I'm not so sure about the Mini Cooper, they tend to fold up..

I'm now thinking about putting these decals on the front of her car and painting a small picture of a Mini Cooper on her driver side door....:devil:

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts