Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well

I got a second call from the KIA dealership we bought our 2011 Sorento LX V6 from in the last 7 months asking us if we wanted to come in and possibly see about trading our 2011 in for a 2013.

After some debate with my wife, I decided to go in this past Saturday.

Our 2011 has been an amazing SUV. We bought it December of 2010. We managed to put around 34000 miles on it.

I mentioned to the salesman, I wanted to look at an EX, I wouldn't take any % rate higher than what I currently had, and I didn't want to pay more than what I was already paying.

They had 1 EX on the lot. Later found out that it was a 2012. Not a big deal since there is no difference between the 2.

It was a Silver EX V6 with Mocha Brown interior and from what I could tell, all options available minus the panoramic sunroof, and the reverse mirror assist feature.

We haggled and haggled. I managed to get the same interest rate which made me happy but I was dealing with about 9k in negative equity carrying over.

I did manage to get 3 years of free maintenance and GAP insurance thrown in for free.

While I was signing all of the papers for the new car, the finance guy walked back into his office and said they had just had another EX exactly like the one I was buying come on the lot. The difference with it was that it had the panoramic sunroof. He said it would be about $15 difference and asked if I wanted to switch to that one. I shook my head, yes with a OMG look on my face.

In the time that we switched to that EX, the previous EX got sold. Fate maybe? Was I meant to get this EX? I think so

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX FWD 4cyl, Titanium/Black
65 Posts
Based on my recommendations, 2 of my friends have now bought Sorentos, it's a great vehicle.

I'm surprised you would have traded in a 2011 so soon, especially with the Sante Fe coming out in a few months and the updated Sorento in the spring. Enjoy though, I hope you got every option you wanted!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V-6
8 Posts
So you took a $9000 loss just to trade in for a 1 yr newer model? If you added in the interest then you actually took more than a $9000 loss. Do you think it was a smart move? Just asking.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX 4cyl AWD 2012 Sorento EX V6
148 Posts
Not clear what you mean about the new one being $15 difference. $15 per month? $15,000? Was it used?

I got a 2012 to replace a 2011, took the loss also but got some of the features I should have got in the first one.

·
Registered
2012 Optoma Hybrid (Light graphite)
169 Posts
Based on my recommendations, 2 of my friends have now bought Sorentos, it's a great vehicle.

I'm surprised you would have traded in a 2011 so soon, especially with the Sante Fe coming out in a few months and the updated Sorento in the spring. Enjoy though, I hope you got every option you wanted!
Yup I was thinking the same thing. I've driven the new Santa Fe and seen the Sorento 2014 face lift model. Though the 2014 doesn't look bad. I'm going to give the nod to the 2013 Santa Fe. She is a beauty! It is a real step up from the previous Santa Fe by a country mile!:)

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento, 2015 Honda Pilot. 2004 Honda Element, 2013 Triumph Speedmaster
31 Posts
Nice looking Sorento there! :)

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I pretty much did...

I pretty much did the same thing, but I traded in a 2012 Kia Optima Ex for the 2013 Kia Sorento EX. My negative equity was $3700, but the rebates and discount covered that. I pretty much msrp for my new sorento. No regrets here at all.

So you took a $9000 loss just to trade in for a 1 yr newer model? If you added in the interest then you actually took more than a $9000 loss. Do you think it was a smart move? Just asking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts