Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Last question from me about moving from my new EX to a SX: I found a 2011 SX w/ 8400 miles. Same as my EX but this of course has turbo and nav.

I really want the extra HP and this would basically be my last option to do what I should have originally. I don't mind the slightly higher miles and one year older car as it's basically the same thing I have now. Just faster ;-)

Anyway, on my EX I owe $25500. They want $24900 for the SX which is negotiable of course... Do you think I stand a chance of making this work w/o costing me much more than my lost sales tax and DMV fees? Roughly $2900...

Of course I know I forfeit my 100,000 mile warranty but is that a big deal? I highly doubt I'll have the car that long. That car has 4 more years of warranty so not a total wash I guess.

Again, thanks for the advice/opinions. I really really want the turbo and made a mistake not getting it. If it just costs me My original sales tax and DMV fees, I'll do it. Just wanted to see what you other Sportage experts thought..

Ps... Please tell me the 2011/2012 SX is really worth all this hoopla. ;-)

·
Premium Member
11 Sportage AWD SX
32 Posts
It is worth the hoopla. Based on your numbers I'd say you have a very good chance. I got more than enough for my loaded EX with 20,000 when I traded it in for an SX.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is worth the hoopla. Based on your numbers I'd say you have a very good chance. I got more than enough for my loaded EX with 20,000 when I traded it in for an SX.
Thx PAJeep. That does actually make me feel better. I keep telling myself I'm just screwed and have to lay in the bed I made. Sure, I don't hate my new EX but, I am kicking myself almost daily about not sticking to my guns and getting a SX.

Again, this seems to be my only/last route to fix a mistake. It'll cost me but, I'm ok with that as long as it's not crazy difference.

·
Registered
2011 KIA Sportage SX, 2016 Ford Focus RS
480 Posts
It's a tough call, but where you have the advantage is that whatever they give you for yours, you can save that in sales taxes. Even so, I think you should find out what a used 2012 EX goes for if you sell it yourself. That's a good number to know when you talk to the dealer so you can know if you are getting a good deal.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a tough call, but where you have the advantage is that whatever they give you for yours, you can save that in sales taxes. Even so, I think you should find out what a used 2012 EX goes for if you sell it yourself. That's a good number to know when you talk to the dealer so you can know if you are getting a good deal.
They don't do that here in California of course. Or Michigan (where I grew up) :mad:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I would do it to get the SX power and other features. The EX is adequate and even sporty, but you can't beat a factory hot rod!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts