Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005vsorento lx, 93 honda accord se
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just changed it 4 days ago. it ran great. didnt do any test to make sure it was in correct position, was gonna have it checked out on days off. problem is, when wife put it in reverse to back out of drive she said it just died. can i reset everything again and maybe adjust it a little. i have to drive to nearest auto parts store in order for them to run diagnostic test. i dont know if they have ability to set it to correct perameters. by the way, im 50 milies away from nearest dealer or advanced auto parts store. 2005 rear wheel drive sorento lx. if you have any ideas of how to temp adjust it that would be great. i hate to have her drive 50 miles and it quit halfway there. she said idle was good. it had been shifting at 4k when changing gears. i only noticed once where idle dropped to 500 or below. i goosed it a little and idle went back to 7 or8 hundred. i ran it from slow accel and also from jumoing on it from get go. it is adjusted as far back as it can go now, just wanna know if i loosen it and adjust it a little to get it to shift at 2500 would that be better? it also says something about pulling rubber cap to adjust idle. i thought auto needed to be off to set the tps. all closed and then all open. then put it in neutral. should it be running in neutral or what? thanks for anyhelp.

·
Registered
2004 Sorento
33 Posts
if you disconnected the battery when you replaced the sensor it is very likely the stalling is simply due to a dirty throttle body. when the t-body gets caked with carbon the computer compensates for the accumulation over time and when you unhook the batt you erase all the learned settings. you can try cpeaning the t-body or simply letting it idle for a while and it will eventually relearn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts