Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the tps reading 96% when I'm not opening the Thottle? And it does'nt change when I do.
And the temp sensor said motor was -40*c, I REPLACED IT!!!
Not MAP signal at all
My 96 KIA has a hard start prob. GEE ya think....

I put it on a motis (Snap On) and found and cleared codes .... none came back, But I was looking at the data stream And saw not map signal,TPS was 96%, Low fuel presure (changed filter) fixed
Mass air is working @ 1,500 RMP it was at 8.6 grams of air ( so there is some signal there)

Idle is rough wont start when warm.Starts hard cold.

I know on some cars you can only use OEM sensors..... IS KIA ONE OF THEM

TIA
Tyson

·
Registered
349 Posts
The electrical connectors to the TPS and the MAF are the culprit. Known issue. They corrode over time and create high resistance.

Clean and re-crimp them. You should see an improvement. A better fix is to cut off the connectors and solder the wires directly to the tabs on the TPS and the MAF.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well.... Fixed the tps Prob, It does'nt seem to bee running on MAF alone anymore.
Now I have no Map And I did not touch it ( DO I NEED A KIA M.A.P.?) or IdiotZone one will work?
Thanks For The Post Man
Tyson

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the PROB,Today I checked the MAP for signal It shoulod have beed "5volt Power -Ground and refferance to ECU" I was getting 5volts on all three..... Which lead me to look further into wiring....To get all three to have 5volts you only need to unplug one other sensor.... IE WHEN MAP WAS UNDONE THE MAF WAS POWERING IT. future refferance

Belive it or not..... Its was the pin out on the ECU fot the map signal wire came out
I wasn't having a map prob......BUT I looked up on ALLDATA (shop Tool) that the MAF,MAP,TPS all share wires in common (more than likely it's the 5volt signal wire)

Just goes to show you sometimes it's not what you think it is..

TECH Tyson

1 - 4 of 4 Posts